VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Insurance

Rate this question

DeeDee

Question

This has nothing to do with the VA. But I hoped you guys and gals might have some advice. I enrolled in disability insurance offered to employees where I work in 6/06 (outside company Genworth Financial). In 8/06 I was told my bladder and uterus had prolapes and needed a hysterectomy. Missed 5 weeks of work, so I filed a claim. Got a letter over the weekend stating I was deined since I had been treated for a urinary track injection in 2/06. Can they get away with this. I'm sure if my bladder had proplapsped then it may have caused my UTI. But who can say that for sure. The first time my doctors found the prolapsed bladder and uterus was in 8/06. I'm really ticked, money is tight and next month is Christmas!!!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
All insurance companies are in the business to make money.

It is cheaper for them to deny a claim than to pay it.

For every claim that is appealed many more are not appealed this is were thay make there money

Thay are tossing the dice you don't have the wisdom to fight them......

Take there sorry ass to court, when you win they pay for your lawyer too.....

Some months back Terry recommended a book about how the insurance companies try to screw us. It's an excellent read. They work the same way as VA and SSDI.

pr