VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Current C-File Timelines-Western Intake Center

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I'm working on my NOD and would like to know what the current average wait time for getting my C-file. So far, it's been two months since I sent in the request and since I'm from Washington State. I'm also going to get some IMO/IMEs and I allowed for about 4  months to get the C-file? Is that realistic and has anyone else recently received their C-files and how long is it taking now? Also, I noticed that  my second claim is locked in the "review" stage now and I imagine that there will be little movement until the C-file is released? I've heard FOIAs or C-File requests take claims out of the queue and nothing happens until the C-file is released?

Thanks for your help in advance Rootbeer22

Folks:

Thanks again for your comments...

My understanding is that most of our  records that we submitted for our claims are supposed to be digitized? When I was  submitting my claim and doing DBQ's, A Senior CP Doctor said it was the most organized package that he had seen to date? I had everything categorized, cataloged and color coded by by body part, symptom, etc. in "hard copy" format. I heard that all of it was pulled apart and digitized under the VBMS at the RO level? However, later  I noticed that most of my contentions that were not service connected, were covered in my doctor's handwritten notes which comprises over 50% of my total service medical records. I'm anxious to see exactly which of those records got digitized and those that did not? The main reason that I asked for the C-File is to move forward with my NOD and get a couple IMO's or IME's to clarify the information for my claims that were not SC. I believe that most of these "handwritten" medical records are not even considered because they are difficult to read?