VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

e benefits down?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

anybody know if e benny's is down?

I tried to check my status yesterday and today  and it keeps saying there upgrading you should be able to check it soon.

I was wondering if its just on my account or is it everyone?

...............Buck

I checked for you.  Yes, my computer says that "login is not available".  Sorry, Buck.  

My suggestions:

I have been around hadit a long time.  Not quite as long as Tbird and Berta, but a long time.  

One guy suggested "getting a hobby" and not keep checking ebenfits, and that makes sense to me.   You know, you can go fishing, or send grandchildren Christmas cards.   Call em, if you cant afford a stamp.   You can go on your computer and "estimate" your retro, and what you would do with each amount.  Lets say you think you might get SMC S, maybe for 10 years (30-40k) , maybe 5 years (15k) , maybe one year. (4000).  Then make a list of what you would do with 5k, what to do with 15k and what to do with 30 k.  You dont have to tell your family, but maybe you got a son who needs 1000.00 and you plan on giving it to him.  Write that down, and write down 500 if you only plan on 500 if you dont get that much.      If you cant hear on the phone, then go to your VAMC and tell em you need:

1) An assisted listening device.

2)  A phone with close captions (CapTel).

3)  Your hearing aids, cleaned/reprogrammed/ new ones, that are better and have "noise cancelling".  I get my new ones in April.

4)  Try to find out if a CI (Cochlear Implant) will help you hear.  

In other words, dont worry about "when" your retro arrives, just concentrate on what you will do with it, and how you can help others and yourself.   

The "watched pot never boils" kind of a thing.  Checking ebenefits too often stresses me out.  Its usually wrong, or down.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Bronco

I probably don't have any retro coming, I know what ya mean about a hobby, but I just stay around the house never get out only to my VA Appointments, so Just getting on the computer is my hobby ...I check my status because  they gave me until the 10th   but I called them and they said they had all my stuff I sent them and my claim was in development phase gathering evidence, I told that lady well how come? I had sent them all the evidence they need...then she said they send for my records and other evidence...I said ok well if they come up with other evidence in my favor have them to send it to me. (she giggled)

AS for a giving my children $$ this last summer I help my youngest son relocate and helped them get a house, now I have no $$ for a IMO/IME unless I go barrow it from the Bank...which if I get denied I will do that  & File NOD.

Were fixing to have my oldest son and his two boys (our grand monsters) 15&18 come live with us until he can get his own place, my oldest son is a single parent...were helping them out for a few months.

My oldest grand son is in San Antonio Tx  going to combat medic school.

It's taking all my VA comp to pay the bills.

I recently had a Hearing test done and they are making me new hearing aids with blue tooth capability  I have the things you mention from Voc -Rehab   just getting old I had them since 2001.

I have this devise that amplifies the sound between my phone base and the receiver  the device  it works better than my aids as for as hearing on the phone/take my aids off and slip on headphones when I talk on the phone, I can't talk on the phone  without it nor do I talk on cell phones...thee new hearing aids are suppose to be programmable to go straight to the hearing aids  but just now trying to figure that all out.

Thanks for your advice I appreciate it.

..................Buck

Buck,

You are my hero. You really continue to go above and beyond, even as a DV. Your family is blessed to have you. I've been tracking some evidence for my remand - the remand results went from 'Pending Decision Approval' to 'Gathering of Evidence' due to some treatment records the VARO said it needed. I pulled them from a 2011 FOIA request I submitted to the VAMC and sent them in. Still anxious because I can't see if they were received. I understand your frustration. Keep the faith, and hug those kids/grandkids/everyone.

Buck you should get retro, its only HOW MUCH retro.  VA has NEVER completed a claim in less than a month.  It takes VA a year or more for them to make it to the water cooler.  When it comes to SMC, it gets better.  You see, SMC is "inferred" whenever you meet the criteria.   Let me explain with an example:

You apply for SMC S in Oct. 2015.   Oct. 2015  is NOT your claim date.  Your claim date is when you first met the criteria for SMC.  Its not your fault the VA neglected to adjuticate you for SMC S when you were awarded 100% in 2009.  Its VA's fault, as an adjutication for SMC (S and L) is mandantory when you have a "single" 100% rating.  So, you get benefits back to 2009 as that is when you met the criteria not 2015 when you noticed VA wasnt paying you for it, or RO did not properly adjuticates SMC S.   With SMC you will get your date back to whenever you met the criteria medically, not when you applied.