VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

rwoods04

Question

I have an question, how long does the C&P exam takes to put on the my healthevet.  I just got mines done for PTSD on 12/10.  My claim is under review so my next question would be, how long would it take for the VA to make a decision on my case. Thanks.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Usually C&P exams three days to show up on my healthevet.  However, I believe that for PTSD they may not be visible or even posted.   I'm sure others will chime in with better information.

I have an question, how long does the C&P exam takes to put on the my healthevet.  I just got mines done for PTSD on 12/10.  My claim is under review so my next question would be, how long would it take for the VA to make a decision on my case. Thanks.

My C&P exam was completed on October 7th 69 days ago and Va doctor still hasn't released it and nothing on myhealth blue butten,yet.

Call the VA hospital and ask to speak to the Release of Information office. They should be able to help you unless the C&P exam was outsourced to QTC. The doctor has a time limit within which the C&P must be completed and returned to the Regional Office. Mention that if they say they don't have it yet.

I dont think that you need to do anything at this moment. Being that it is around the holidays, you should see the PTSD report online by the end of the week. I have had multiple PTSD exams and reviews, and they all posted usually within 2 weeks. Just try to relax, and focus on the holidays for now. You should receive good news soon enough. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thanks to all that replied.  I think I'm just a bit confused just from reading about other vets and their c&p exams.  I really don't think I had one. What I'd really had was just a one hour, mental health exam.  Do the medical center order a c&p or do the VARO.  When do you get one? My case is under review right now.

The Regional Office orders the C&P exam.  The C&P exams usually are conducted by a medical professional following an "outline" of the DBQ pertaining to the condition you are claiming as a disability.