VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SHAD 11 Study near completion

willyd

Question

If the results of this SHAD II study indicate a difference in outcome between the SHAD participants and the comparison population, or if the study finds new information that would warrant new research avenues, MFUA will be prepared to conduct additional research as appropriate.

This study is sponsored by the U.S. Veterans Administration. Effective 6/10/2015, the study will conclude January 15, 2016.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It makes me wonder if there are any survivors left out there. It would not be a surprise if the study results were delayed until everyone succumbed to the residuals.

Folks, I've read to the IOM report a few times.  I don't see the VBA changes the claim adjudication based upon the study (been wrong before).  If you are dealing with the issue, first identify which chemical/biological agent you were exposed to.  Providing general information to your physician about SHAD/112 is not going to be of benefit since that type of exposure differed significantly among service members.

Vync, recent IOM study really focuses on morbidity so there are charts identifying the number exposed, still living, etc..

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
6 hours ago, bluenote said:

Folks, I've read to the IOM report a few times.  I don't see the VBA changes the claim adjudication based upon the study (been wrong before).  If you are dealing with the issue, first identify which chemical/biological agent you were exposed to.  Providing general information to your physician about SHAD/112 is not going to be of benefit since that type of exposure differed significantly among service members.

Vync, recent IOM study really focuses on morbidity so there are charts identifying the number exposed, still living, etc..

i figured that. I have not had time to read through it yet, but jbasser summed it up pretty nicely.

I never heard of this project until just a few years ago after reading info TestVet posted here on Hadit. If I recall, he or someone else, actually was in a documentary about government cover ups. I watched it on TV and learned more.

This leaves me to wonder if our government will ever consider it on par with other issues like AO and Gulf War syndrome. I hope they do. They did horrible things to those folks and need to be held accountable for it.

Hello All,, Fort Greely part of the main part of Project 112 has plenty of sites and lots of folks , such as me and my fueler . I got sick in 1997 and heavy Doctors testing concluded I have Severe Peripheral Nueuropathy of both feet and legs arms and hands with and AO and Nuclear as the cause. Now I have Pulmonary Hypertension, COPD, Restricted Lung disease , Pulmonary Fibrosis, Granulomatosis on my right lobe. On Oxygen for life. I have Agent Orange IHD with a Heart Attack , Congestive Heart Failiure . Colitus /IBD......RA with auto immune disease, Dry Eys, Agent Orange Prostate Cancer stage 3,  Thyroid tumor on Thyroid. Colon tumors..... Yes there is nothing wrong with Fort Greely and Project 112/Shad or so "they" would have us believe. 

My fueler just got home from the hospital last week and they took out 1/3 of his upper left lung , 5 ribs because of cancer, and he goes back in to have his Adrinal Gland removed the end of this month and then to see another doctor on how to remove/treat a cancer on his Aorta on the heart. He was my best buddy and we were engineers(Heavy Equipment) going right thru the test ranges and hacking the Nuclear radiation waste dumping into the Jarvis Creek  and the Agent Orange all over the base from the Allen Army Airfield to all the dumps and right aways , ALL the ranges,,  Washington , Texas, Oklahoma, Delta, and of course the Gerstle RIver , The Trident Glacier training range Bolio lakes, Twin lakes, and Black Rapids.

As Jbasser said HC .......it is so ridiculous for VA to  deny , delay and let them die.  So what else is new with VA???

What about all of those people that were not in the Test but stationed as Permanent Party and had Jobs of trying to clean up the messes these test left behind???

What about the 2 soldiers from the Gerstle that were medivaced from  the Ft Greely clinic to Ft Wainwright in Nov 1971...DOA. Autopsies later saying died from Pneumonia. Oh really......... What about their dependents and loved ones ? How are they dealing with this lie?

We all cringed when we had to go there an clean up ? Not knowing what but if and when.

And the Reactor(SM1a prototype) .....probably the biggest coverup of all time. Everyone from about 64-75 and longer is radiated

ALL  THESE RANGES FOLKS..... It is not Fort Greely......IT IS TUMORVILLE.......Fort Tumor.. NEVER GIVE UP> BLESSINGS< C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate
addition of facts