VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank You Under Secretary Allison Hickey and Staff. "You made a difference for this one.”

Rate this topic

razinkane

December 16 2015    I finally got 100% permanent and total thanks to Under Secretary Allison Hickey and Staff.    

Words cannot express my gratitude. 

July 2013 started compensation claim

June 2 2014 got married filled out dependency claim.

June 2 2014 The VA approved my dependency claim but instead of closing the dependency claim... They closed my open compensation claim

June - March 2015 multiple calls to VA, VFW, Congressmen no action

March of 2015 I contacted Under Secretary Allison Hickey, Next day she responds and gets the ball rolling..

In May 2015 they increased me from 40% to 60% and lumped all my disabilities into fibromyalgia  and only back paid me to June 2014 instead of July 2013

40% is the max disability rating for fibromyalgia
fibromyalgia (includes headaches, depression/sleep disturbance/anxiety, fatigue, irritable bowel, stiffness, weakness, numbness, muscle pain, and joint pain of hips/buttocks, wrists/hands, arms, knees/legs, shoulders, neck, and ankles)40%Service Connected

Environmental Hazard in Gulf War

06/02/2014

degenerative joint disease of the lumbar spine (previously DC 5237)40%Service Connected 06/02/2014

May of 2015 I contacted Under Secretary Allison Hickey staff and they put a rush on my appeal

December 16 2015    I finally got 100% permanent and total

• HadIt.com Elder

That's great

Congratulations Buddy!

start enjoying your life  be sure sign up for all the extra benefits. ChampVA, Commissary Card, Property Tx, ect,,ect,,

Free Fishing& Hunting License , Car Tags

.......................................Buck

Congratulations on your award and good luck to you. Under Secretary Hickey helped a lot of veterans and I was really disappointed when she left the VA.

Semper Fi

GP

• 1 month later...

Congrats don't forget the federal access pass

Access Pass Available for Disabled Veterans - Disabled American Veterans are eligible for the National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass. This pass which is free of charge to disabled citizens, grants access to National Parks which provides access to recreation areas managed by US Fish and Wildlife Service, the Forrest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service and the Bureau of Reclamation.

https://vetaffairs.sd.gov/publicaffairs/Other%20Publications/HT%20-%20National%20Access%20Pass%20Available%20for%20Disabled%20Veterans.pdf

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!!!! Secretary Hickey really came through on my dads 40 year fight for compensation claim that he was just awarded today!!! Yay!! Justice is sweet!!! 

She was a god scent and we will forever be grateful!!!! Hate that she is gone too. They got her out of there because she was helping people like us. SMH!!! But I So want to thank her!!! 

But yes so happy to hear stories like yours!!! Congrats again and TY for your service!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use