VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can we get travel pay?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know if we can get travel pay  when we have a PTSD C&P?

My reason for asking  I may get one here in the next month or two   a veteran at my VAMC mention to me that they are not doing

PTSD C&P at our VAMC..We have to go to a different location.....its  is about 50 miles away  vs 22 miles from my VAMC.

Anybody Know?

............Thanks

.............................Buck

I usually go to the Columbia, SC VAMC and get a paper check in the mail.  I had to go to the Asheville, NC VAMC for my last C & P on Saturday.  I had to take a new direct deposit form and complete VA Form 10-3542 and leave it with the C & P folks.  I got the direct deposit about 10 times faster than I get the paper check when I go to Columbia.  I also had 16 physical therapy appointments at a non VA facility and had to send the 10-3542 to Columbia, SC along the the letter authorizing the treatment.  I have talked to a supervisor in the travel office twice and been able to get travel pay outside the 30 day window when the kiosk was screwed up at the local VA clinic. I also had to send a statement listing all appointments and saying that I kept all appointments signed by the physical therapist for the non VA treatment.

Edited by gs106
Added more information