VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Decide My Claim"

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

I have been trying to do this for the last week or so and eBennefits will not allow the choice.  Has anyone tried this option and was it submitted successfully?  I have no further evidence to submit and wanting my claim to go up the chain.

All of my C&Ps have been done be the actual VA and not by a contractor and ALL have shown up on MyHealtheVet.com not eBenefits. You might want to check there if you haven't already. Contractor C&Ps are handled differently.

Another thing you could do is go back to where your C&P was done to see if they still have a copy. I'm sure they have to keep things for years and years, if not on paper then in a computer.

You are right in that it SHOULDN'T be that difficult in getting a copy of one exam.

Good luck

OSC

Thanks bud. No I won't be able to get a copy of this C&P most likely until a decision has been made on that claim.  It was an outsourced C&P exam done by QTC so I will not get a copy until after the VA makes a decision on the claim and then only by a FOIA request.

Had it been done at the VAMC I would have had a copy within the week.  Since it was done at a QTC I can't ask them for a copy, and they will not provide me one.  VA is who payed for the exam and I would have to go through the process of asking for one from my Regional office.  

I will say in your case you are fortunate, if yours have been done all at your VAMC then you would have readily easy access to those records.  If only all exams were performed at a VAMC.  It would be convenient and you could prepare a defense quicker and be more effective in defending your claim.

Thought you were on appeal at the BVA?

I'm just in the process of trying this, might not work, but have you attempted to do a walk-in at your VARO to review your C-File? That is, if your C-File is still at your RO.

The VA 800 lady told me that C-Files are available for viewing M - Fri 8am till 4 on a walk-in basis, no appointment necessary. This was last Friday pm, think I'll give my VSO Office at my RO a call today, to see what they have to say about what I think is a hard to believe; walk-in C-File viewing policy. Just can't be that easy!

While C & P's done at non VAMC by non VA Dr's, may not necessarily appear in your VAMC Medical Records and on your MHV site, the DBQ and any other clinician reports have to be in your C-File, right.

Vync & Notorious Kelly opined regarding their experiences reviewing their respective C-Files at their RO's. Both ended up haveing to make a viewing appointment. I'm not really sure how recent their experiences were, maybe the VA's now getting on the stick, doubt it.

Semper Fi

Thought you were on appeal at the BVA?

I'm just in the process of trying this, might not work, but have you attempted to do a walk-in at your VARO to review your C-File? That is, if your C-File is still at your RO.

The VA 800 lady told me that C-Files are available for viewing M - Fri 8am till 4 on a walk-in basis, no appointment necessary. This was last Friday pm, think I'll give my VSO Office at my RO a call today, to see what they have to say about what I think is a hard to believe; walk-in C-File viewing policy. Just can't be that easy!

While C & P's done at non VAMC by non VA Dr's, may not necessarily appear in your VAMC Medical Records and on your MHV site, the DBQ and any other clinician reports have to be in your C-File, right.

Vync & Notorious Kelly opined regarding their experiences reviewing their respective C-Files at their RO's. Both ended up haveing to make a viewing appointment. I'm not really sure how recent their experiences were, maybe the VA's now getting on the stick, doubt it.

Semper Fi

Gastone were you asking me this?

I thought I read in your early 2015 posts, that you were on appeal, thought with the BVA. Wouldn't be the 1st time my memory skipped a beat.

Do you have New Claims/Denials pending or are you still wrestling with your old NOD or NODs?

Semper Fi

If I'm not mistaken, the time you are referring to may have been when I told my law dog that I didn't want to deal with the Regional Office any longer.  The last NOD he requested another DRO conference for my case, which is a waste of time. I did not want one.  I wanted a traditional review.  But he filed it anyways.  I have submitted 3 form 9's and that last NOD that he did.  

I have one NOD, three intertwined claims waiting to be sent to the BVA.  They have already requested and have SS records so that is the information I am going off of.

There is one claim pending which is for the IU, increase on all SVC issues, Neck and Hips, SMC and Housebound issue. Oh and the bilateral factor for radiculopathy, knees, and hips.

Edited by ArNG11
Left out some info