VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Med Policy

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/nfNOV06/nf112106-1.htm

"The VA is developing a policy that would allow VA doctors to write prescriptions that could be filled at non-VA pharmacies.

Currently, veterans pay $8.00 for a 30-day supply of non-service-connected medication at a VA pharmacy.

Wal-Mart has announced a $4.00 prescription plan. In many states, Wal-Mart will fill a prescription for generic drugs for just $4.00 for a 30-day supply. A number of other retailers have followed Wal-Mart's lead and announced similar plans. Target will institute a $4.00 plan in many states.

Some retailers, trying to fight Wal-Mart's "Big Box" retailing strategy, have even offered a limited number of generic medications for free."

rest of info at Watchdog

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest rickb54

This is just pure BS.

The VA is bigger and buys more medication than any one else in the business, It seems to me if wal-mart can offer $4.00 prescriptions then damn it the VA can too.

Congress should be asking what is wal-mart doing that the VA is not doing.....to be able to do this.

But as usual Congress is asleap at the wheel

• HadIt.com Elder

The people in Congress who made medicare pay full price for drugs are the same bunch of corrupt people who underfund the VA. Our politicians are in business for themselves at our expense. I hope vets and others have woken up to that fact. Seniors should be all over the medicare thing since it will affect them and all of us in the future.

• HadIt.com Elder

I used to get a report that showed the price that VA paid for each one of my meds. It was quite enlightening. I think WalMart is using its drug prices as a loss leader as a lot of people who use it will stay in the store and buy stuff while they wait for the Rx to be filled?

Guest jangrin

I agree Pete,

The only time I have been in our Walmart when it wasn't busy is between midnight and 7:30 am, but then the pharmacy isn't open. If they can get you in during daylight hours they will make plenty from the grocery dept as well as the rest of the store.

I hate going there but you can't argue with the prices and when your watching every penny Walmart looks better and better.

Jangrin :D