VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EBenefits not showing my claim???

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I have an appeal and a claim in to the VA, and for the past few months, EBenefits has shown both as Gathering of Evidence.  This morning however, my claim is showing, but not the appeal.  I am confused to why this would have disappeared?  They actually opened a new claim for the same illness that I have the appeal in for, and they have both disappeared?  Does anyone know why this would happen, or has this happened to anyone else?

The crazy one here, take a deep breath.  This may be shocking to you but normally you will see this until you get your official letter.  It is most likely only goes back to the last COLA increase which is 2014 (Cost Of Living Allowance) but your actual letter should show that it goes back to March of 2012.  So have yourself a Merry Christmas.  Just to cover yourself be prepared if VA screwed up and let us know but I think you will be fine.  If you have direct deposit it may be there in a few days. It normally take seven to fifteen days to go through.

I was really surprised it was on eBenefits too, especially so close to Christmas when I'm sure they are short staffed--I actually think I'm still in shock.  Hopefully, it means others will see good news very soon.  I know it can be frustrating (even though we're all learning that eBenefits isn't the most reliable source at times).  I was able to print off the AB8 letter from eBenefits this morning too. 

When I spoke to someone at the 800 number last week, she said I wouldn't be able to update my direct deposit until a decision had been made, so I called the direct deposit phone number about 30 minutes ago and updated everything.  The man I spoke with told me that they mailed 8 live checks out in the mail this morning and he was able to verify that the retro pay did date back to March 2012.

Edited by bcnandprn

Yep....nothing still.  Just a blank page

I'm praying that since you were essentially in the same boat that I was even up to last night that it means you will hear good news very soon.  I know that it's hard to be patient, especially with a system that only seems to work on an intermitent basis.  Hang in there and definitely keep us updated. 

I'm praying that since you were essentially in the same boat that I was even up to last night that it means you will hear good news very soon.  I know that it's hard to be patient, especially with a system that only seems to work on an intermitent basis.  Hang in there and definitely keep us updated. 

A few years ago VA did the same thing to me.  My award letter was dated Dec. 23 of that year so there is work going on at VA.  I was told recently within the last month that VA was working on my appeal and I should have a nice Christmas but I have not seen anything from VA. My appeal was just granted and back from BVA earlier that year and VA finally decided to work on it over the holidays.  Congrats. on your win.  If you are not working you may want to consider filing TDIU and SSDI

Will do.  Have you heard of anyone else that was in this boat hearing good news?

I haven't, but to be honest, I'm very new to Hadit, so I don't have a lot of experience with all the forums yet.  Have you tried to call the 800 number to see if they know anything?