VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

auenone

Question

After reading USAF-Vet's post and the following replies, there is good info there.

With my reconsideration, all I could do was send some BVA citations for lack of smr's for Vets that won their cases using 3.304 (d). There is no record of me being in the hospital in Vietnam although I spent 12 days there. The NPRC has no record of me being in the hospital but my letterhead from the hospital awarding a PH. But, during my c&p from qtc, the doctor cited an "in service note for frag wounds, blah blah" the day after I was wounded. The BS w/V award stated I was thrown to the ground, which according to the CDC, is a tertiary blast effect.

So, I'm wondering how a doctor giving a c&p that is only given your entrance and exit exams and fed what info the VA wants them to see can make a decision on my neck. He never got to see the BS w/V or knew I was Airborne or CIB. If he had access to the award he could have seen we were thrown to the ground in a ambush, more like launched. I guess after they deny the reconsideration I see an IME in my future.

Thanks for any replies and Happy Holidays.

Thanks again for the replies.

An update: Received 20% extra for my knee after the MRI. The appeals lady that called to tell me that, looked at my cervical spine claim and didn't understand why I didn't receive the award for my neck. That was January of 2016. So, reconsideration denied and now have a medical opinion from an ortho doctor that was a trauma surgeon in Afghanistan that retired as a light colonel and his PA that says the sequela (like that word) of events in vietnam are directly related to my wounds and the landing on my head in jump school is 50% or greater that my neck was injured from looking at the MRI, CT and radiologist reports. Also, the spinous process on T1 is directly related to the blast trauma. My brother is an RN and told me beforehand that if I have an orthopedic injury to go to an ortho doc. Both qtc doctors said the separation exam showed nothing. I looked at one of the forms, 88, and the doctor went down the list and marked one box but got the foot and leg wounds on the wrong sides. So I'm thinking the doc never asked me anything on this form but filled it out himself. 

Also, there are wrong dates for wounds in the evidence section on the qtc (notice I didn't capitalize that) medical opinion that the doctor wrote. Anyone reading this should pay attention to the gentlemen that are helping on this forum as they have been here done that and have been a help and inspiration for me to keep this going. It was so frustrating a few times that I wanted, badly, to quit. But forums like this and family help. Thanks and I will keep you posted.