VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New knowVA manual is out

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

boomer2 ,

It Says '' Invalid  URL.???

..........Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's another link detailing the Live Manual, but for access to it, they point back to the root URL boomer provided.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/24373/24373

• HadIt.com Elder

You can't learn too much about how the VA works.   In particular,  I find info in VBM about VA potential reduction of us 100%/TDIU vets interesting.   VBM lists many factors in favor of 100% vet who is over 50;  100% for more than five years;  Static condition;  full evaluation over time to reduce and not just one C&P etc.   I don't know where the potential for VA to reduce those of us over 65 on SSA who also have TDIU?  I think that we may be attacked there in the future by budget hawks.   Their thinking being that we are already retired and live good life just on SSA so why do we need TDIU?  Of course many of us lost out on the highest earning years of our lives and would like to continue to work, but they will smear us with "Welfare Mother's" slime as being freeloaders, scammers, double dippers etc.   Don't underestimate the lack of gratitude of your fellow citizens when the heat is on or off.   During the 1980's government threw all on SSDI off the roles and made them strive to get back on before that effort fell apart.  We must stay awake because the USA always seeks to take from most vulnerable and reward those who already have it all when bills need to be paid.  Children and people in nursing homes don't usually vote so "F" them.  Most vets are pretty passive as well except here at Hadit.   VSO's are asleep at the wheel as are millions of vets who just accept things as they are and don't feel entitled to " A little more, sir."  What a nerve to ask for compensation or help because of  military service?  Who do these people think they are? More bread, ha, no bread!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You can't learn too much about how the VA works.   In particular,  I find info in VBM about VA potential reduction of us 100%/TDIU vets interesting.   VBM lists many factors in favor of 100% vet who is over 50;  100% for more than five years;  Static condition;  full evaluation over time to reduce and not just one C&P etc.   I don't know where the potential for VA to reduce those of us over 65 on SSA who also have TDIU?  I think that we may be attacked there in the future by budget hawks.   Their thinking being that we are already retired and live good life just on SSA so why do we need TDIU?  Of course many of us lost out on the highest earning years of our lives and would like to continue to work, but they will smear us with "Welfare Mother's" slime as being freeloaders, scammers, double dippers etc.   Don't underestimate the lack of gratitude of your fellow citizens when the heat is on or off.   During the 1980's government threw all on SSDI off the roles and made them strive to get back on before that effort fell apart.  We must stay awake because the USA always seeks to take from most vulnerable and reward those who already have it all when bills need to be paid.  Children and people in nursing homes don't usually vote so "F" them.  Most vets are pretty passive as well except here at Hadit.   VSO's are asleep at the wheel as are millions of vets who just accept things as they are and don't feel entitled to " A little more, sir."  What a nerve to ask for compensation or help because of  military service?  Who do these people think they are? More bread, ha, no bread!

Hey John,
I love the Oliver Twist reference!

VA benefits will always be on the radarI can see the budget hawks trying to swoop in at some point, but they will be in for some big fights. I think part of the difference is the fact that most have paid into the SSA retirement system where most disabled veterans paid in with their body and soul. Compared to the the average person who only has SSA for retirement, many of them don't have the kinds of comorbid complications associated with military service.

Regarding people in nursing homes not voting, that is not the case here in Alabama. Some years ago former Gov. Don Siegelman got elected by promising to bring a lottery up for vote. He won and brought the lottery up for a public vote. It was overwhelmingly voted down because people were getting absentee ballots to those who physically could not show up in person and they bused in waves of elderly. I vote every chance I can get and never saw lines like that before in my life. Of course, Siegelman is now in prison due to his involvement in the HealthSouth scandal. This is proof that when it comes down to something held deeply to people's hearts, they will find a way to make a difference. Personally, I would have loved a lottery because it would save me trips to the state line a couple of times a year to spend a few dollars and try to hit it big. I'm no gambler, but it is a fun idiot tax. I hope that if they try to shaft us veterans, our fellow citizens will take the same approach and band together to protect those who protected everyone.