VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Work During Holidays?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Hello Everybody,

Does anyone remember if they ever recieived a rating on a claim during the holiday season, or is the VA like most businesses where production sort of stops around Thanksgiving and starts back up again sometime after New Years?

Just wondering.

Jangrin :D

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The VA is open, However, I believe that the administrative areas will be slowed down just because a lot of employees are in the use or lose category for leave. After 15 years these people get 8 hours per pay period and there are 26 pay periods that equates to 26 days off per year. I believe a lot sandbag on taking the vacation just to get the time off around the holidays. This is not the case for the Medical Centers as people still get sick.

Im sure the VA medical centers are open but, the RO is probably closed. When I used to work for the VA it was a fight to get to work on the holidays because back then it was double time pay. On sundays it was the same so if you had a holiday that fell on a sunday you were swimming in cash especially if you were already over 40 hours for the week. = double time at time and a half. WOW!!! but, that was lifetime ago for me so I dont know now.

Guest rickb54

In 1999 my TDIU claim came back in November just before thanksgiving.

and in 2003 my Adapted housing claim came back just after new years.

I am guessing the regional office does not work or works half days during the holidays. Most US government offices go to special hours.