VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T - Merry Christmas!

Rate this topic

justrluk

Thank you, guys. I appreciate it and look forward to continuing to help others through the process.

Thanks, Chuck. I'm trying to get into eBenefits to pull my new letters now. Retro hit this morning and is welcome. I still need to question the  effective date and will research how to do this or what the effective date should be. I was quoted a Feb 2015 date for the new rating, but the decision I appealed was in 2008.

As I checked the date, it is the date of the C&P ordered by the VLJ. Not the date the appeal was filed like I had thought it would be. It seems the reason is that it is the date new and material evidence was provided in support of the increase versus the date of appeal. Is this right?

Time to get a VSO involved. I was told the common method is to get the rating approved then the address the backdate.  Good luck in 2016...

Thanks, Raimond. I have a draft NOD already typed - don't even have the BBE yet!

• 1 month later...

Rather than start a new topic, I wanted to continue the story of this decision. I filed an NOD regarding the effective date of this decision (Feb 2015) and requested a new effective date of July 2008. This was the date I made the initial appeal and feel that if the VA had reacted, done the C&P in a timely manner and made a decision, the findings would have been the same. I also found (by searching prior grants at the BVA site) the case law by code and section that support my request. Fingers crossed....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use