VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Survival Guide

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a book called "The Veterans Survival Guide". It is very good in describing the claims process. It has some good information on what to appeal when given an inadequate C&P Exam. It is very easy to read and gives step by step instructions on how and when to file a claim for compensation. I got it from Barnes and Nobel via their online store. I got a used copy for $12. The Author cites many claims where the C&P doctors did not have the veterans claims folder present and did not have the credentials to give an adequate exam. It is even worse than I thought, and he illustrates that the entire VA benefits system is incompetent and biased. I believe he worked out of a VSO at the Bay Pines VARO. After you read this book you will wonder how any vet gets fair compensation given the roadblocks the VA sets up to defeat the vet.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The updated version of this publication was released this month. The original version was written prior to the change in the law regarding the need for the veteran to establish a well-grounded claim, which is no longer required due to the VCAA. Major John Roche wrote this book, and has also written another book that provides great assistance in filing for PTSD claims.

I understand that he's currently working on a book that discusses filing appeals.

The updated version of this publication was released this month. The original version was written prior to the change in the law regarding the need for the veteran to establish a well-grounded claim, which is no longer required due to the VCAA. Major John Roche wrote this book, and has also written another book that provides great assistance in filing for PTSD claims.

I understand that he's currently working on a book that discusses filing appeals.

Ive mentioned this book on here before, it is a real good book, I have another book Military Veterans PTSD Reference Manual by L.S. Parrish, also a good book get them at amazon.com

Edited by FLHRCI

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

Not much on CUE. I think someone should write a book just on the subject of CUE. I filed a CUE on my initial decision granting SC in 1972. I expect to have a hard row to hoe, but maybe I will get hints from the denial on what to do next.