VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WTF, over!?!

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Got a call earlier this morning from the DAV, who I mistakenly made my POA.  I emailed them a month ago about my claim status, since ebennies was showing prep for decision and that the DAV had recommended a decision.  So I waited till now, to hear from them.

Man told me that the VA has denied all my claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I ask which ones, he said there is a bunch of stuff "in here".  He said my jaw condition is denied, Oh??? I have half a dozen treatment records from both the medical and the dental side, clearly showing treatment in service.  He said it doesn't show SC????????????  Then what does?

I ask when did this happen? He said November 23rd!!!!!!!!! Oh???? I haven't seen or heard anything from the VA and ebennefits stiill showing prep for decision.  He said he will print out the letter and mail it to me today.  Said when I get it, to go through my STR and find every instance of treatment or any mention of my contentions.

Said my MH was denied due to same.  I said it was filed as secondary to chronic pain.  Said I sent in a boat load of evidence showing over 20 years of pain and related prescriptions from in service and post service VA treatment.  Said I need to have my VA MH write a letter stating that he DX my MDD due to chronic pain.  I said doesn't the VA only take the word of the examining MH dr?  He said I still need to  get that letter. 

I told him just send me the letter and I'll take it from there, thanks and have a good day.

WTF!?!?!?!

I called my benefits counselor, he told me no such thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said that none of my claims are decided and that they've only been at the Philly VARO since Dec. 15th.  He said it is showing him that they are reviewing the evidence and exams, and trying to see if they need to order exams for any of the claims that don't have current or recent exams.

Oh, ok, I understand that the VARO is a wormhole and who knows when or where your claim may land.

Makes me feel like the butt of some epic inter-galactic joke!!!  GGGGGggRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Sorry to hear of what you are going thru. One quick note, is that you must be Treated or Diagnosed for a condition while in Service, not just your words on the exit exam. Also, the VA will always ask for a VA Doc to Diagnose and Treat MH conditions, we all know that on here. You cant wake up one day and say a New Diagnoses of PTSD is due to my Neck hurting, just an example, as I had a Vet that I was helping try this, and boy the VA denied SC in about 2 Mins. Just make sure that, DRs Diagnoses, VA Treatment and Your STR mach completely to what you are filing for. Physical Evidence is Evidence, no matter what C&P Doc, or VA says, Evidence that can be Touched and Read will always win in the End. Just try to calm down and relax. Good luck and Keep us posted. God Bless and hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

Andyman

You make a good case for the many people who say your VSO is not your friend...he works for the enemy, when he gets "free rent" at the Regional office/ VAMC's.  We know there is no such thing as "free rent" so the DAV has sold you out to pay their rent.   My DAV guy conviently "sat on" my appeal for about 18 months before sending it to the BVA.  I sure could have used money 18 months earlier by not having a VSO, when I have to do all their work for them anyway.   

Navy,  

Gee, I wish I had half  the people skills you have.  You reek of compassion and that is great.  

Buck,

I will be revoking their POA ASAP!  Haven't done one single thing for me, that I'm aware of, beyond recommending a claim decision that resulted in "denied everything".

Navy04,

While the sleep issues and shoulder was only mentioned on a health questionaire, the sciatica symptoms were mentioned during visits to the medical clinic to be treated for back pain. 

And I filed the secondary depression a few months after my VA MH dr DXd me with MDD.  And for that I submitted copies of all STRs showing treatment for pain in my back, knees and feet, during AD and at the VA afterwards.  I also showed where I was prescribed various pain meds during each visit as well.  And I sent a copy of the complete VA prescription list showing the NSAIDs I was prescribed, and how often they were refilled.

I was able to regain some level of calmness after speaking with my benefits counselor and Peggy, both confirmed that my current claims are still open.

broncovet,

I have only contacted the DAV twice, and both times they wanted me to do something before they would do anything for me.  Hmmm...I can do that with out them just as easily.

Semper Fi.

Andyman