VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter came in to me today , annual enrollment in va health care coverage requirement.      It has a form 1095-b      I do not understand what I am suppose to do with it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a form required by the IRS to verify health coverage.

A joint return may have information showing that you covered by the VA and some sort of family insurance.

I got one of those in the mail, one day last week.  I figured it was one of those Nobama care things, and will show it to my tax pro.  Same with my proof of insurance from work.

The crazy one here, I sure hope someone will chime in and tell me that I am wrong but I think this is about covering veterans.  Veterans that use the VA hospital are covered and are not required to enroll in the Affordable Care Act (ACA).  Those who are not in the system may be liable for penalty charges.  Wow isn't that great that cost-of living allowance/adjustment (COLA) was already included in the penalty charges even though we (veterans) did not get a (COLA) increase this year.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2013/09/no-health-insurance-pay-a-penalty-under-obamacare.html

Penalties Increase Annually

Many Americans may choose to pay the penalty in 2014 in lieu of paying for health insurance. But note that the penalty is slated to increase each year:

• In 2015, it goes up to $325 or 2 percent of your household income, whichever is greater;
  • In 2016, it goes up to $695 or 2.5 percent of your household income, whichever is greater; and
  • In 2017 and beyond, it goes up to $695 plus a cost-of-living adjustment, or 2.5 percent of your household income, whichever is greater.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Because they had to "pass the ACA to see what is in it"

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use