VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audiologist never conducted a word discrimination test

Rate this question

All-American Airman

Question

Hello everyone, I was rated at 10% for tinnutis due to being an F-16 Aircraft mechanic and claimed hearing loss in my initial claim. I was given the exam by

an Audiologist, but it was only the test to determine the loss of hearing with the clicker and listening for the tone.

They were also very high and noticeable at the start of the tones threshold.

In other words, there were no tones that I could barely hear and then the gradual increase like in the occupational health hearing exams in the military. 

Can anyone else give some feedback or insight.

She also did not conduct a word discrimination test either. I remember reading the award letter and saying to my self she never did that. 

Does this make the exam null and void?

Thank you to all the contributors to this forum who are helping, teaching and empowering Veterans with this knowledge.

Have you discussed the use of the Maryland Recorded WR Test with anyone at the QTC (I have never had contact with one)? Is it VA or Private Clinic?

As to DBQ's & Clinician notes from C & P's being in your MHV Med Records. I think that started in 10 or 11. I've always been able to pull up the C & P DBQ's and Clinician notes within about a week of the exam.

If you don't find them on your MHV, I recomend 2 things, VMC medical records Dept and/or your RO to view your C-File. If you haven't already done so, stop in at your VMC and request your complete VA Med Record on CD. You can also ask the clerk if the specific C & P Exam results are in your records.

If for some reason the C & P is not in your VMC Records, next step would be an early 8am trip to your RO to request a personal viewing of you C-File. I haven't done this yet but according to the VA 800 Info Line and an actual VA Rater, Vets can view ther C-Fole without an appointment, on a 1st come-1st serve basis. 8-4pm M-F.

If the RO clerk gives you any grief about needing an appointment, immediately request to see their supperviso and have them call the 800#. The Squeaky Wheel, always gets the Grease, right.

Before you pay any $$ for a Hearing Test, be sure they do the Maryland Recorded WR Test and will furnish you with the results.

I've been Hearing SC 0% both ears, since 2008. Big problem understanding Women, even with my VA hearing aids. A lot of ambient noise, forget about it. Instead of staring at their chest, I find myself staring at their lips, some sort of attempt at Lip Reading. 08 & 13/14 C & P Word Rec Results remained the same, 92% and that's with guessing at the words I can hardly make out.

Semper Fi