VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Either just had the worst or best C&P exam.. Still not sure!

Rate this question

Infantry1985

Question

Just got back from my C&P exam for Secondary GERD and Secondary Hypertension that lasted all of about 15 min with a NP at Hines. She seemed to be a little ruff around the edges at first, then we somehow go on the conversation of the oxygen generating plants in her office which seemed to perk her up. She only asked a few questions: For both - Was I diagnosed in service?, was I diagnosed at the VA?, do I still have symptoms?, only treated at VA?. For GERD only - Did I have a upper GI? That was it..... Never deep dived into symptoms, but did shake her head at the end and tell me that my pulse was consistently extremely high and that the doctors should have been prescribing me a beta blocker..... After that, and about 15 minutes she said your done and good luck with your service connection. I've had plenty of exams with Docs, but never a NP for C&P; so I'm kind of just still in shock... I guess we shall see!

Infantry1985,

I'm interested in this as well.  I filed for hypertension a few years ago, as primary, and was denied.  However, I do believe, now, that I do have a better than 50-50 chance if I file for hb as secondary. 

What did you file the HBP secondary to?

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Glad you made it thru the exams bud. I have had good and bad quick exams. But with those conditions you dont need much of an exam as the Medical Evidence speaks for itself. Good luck and keep us posted

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Infantry1985 said:

Moved to Preparation For Notification today....

Check the AB8 letter in the Letter Generator. It is possible that it might be updated to reflect any changes in your combined rating before you get any notifications in the mail.

Even though I haven't received a rating, should I go ahead and write a statement up with my symptoms (That was never asked from the NP at the C&P)? My medical records show symptoms through the years, but I'm doubting the RO will do that much digging. Either that, or just wait to see what the RO states and file an NOD? What's your guy's thoughts. Thanks!

130/80 on 3 different days, with medication, really isn't bad. If the bottom # was continuosly over 90, maybe a concern. The 130 isn't bad and can be anything from Coffee, White Coat Hypertension or even not sitting still with feet flat on the floor and quiet with no outside stimuli, for 15 min before the testing.

You just had the C & P and all your current Med Records are with your VMC, right? Think about an eventual NOD, but don't run yourself ragged. Did you file an FDC or Reg AXX claim?

You might want to Review all Your Medical Evidence supporting your claims position. Compare your list to what E-Ben indicates as Evidence Submitted. If there's a doubt, submit it with another Stmt in Supt of Claim, just to play it safe. You never know, it could turn out to be the piece of New & Material Evidence that triggers a RO Review of your claim or Denial.

Semper Fi