VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success from a DRO on the knees, no really

Rate this topic

ArNG11

Well, I just received notice from the official white envelope.  Decision dated 12/31/2015.  It was my last DRO hearing which did not fair well in my opinion, however, it can't rain all the time. Some good did come from the meeting. :huh:

The decisions are from a knee claim back in June 2014. NOD hearing performed in October 2015.

Evaluation of left knee chondromalacia, which is 0 percent disabling, is increased to 10 percent effective June 2014

Evaluation of right knee chondromalacia, which is 0 percent disabling, is increased to 10 percent effective June 2014

I am pleased to some degree and I will take this win.  In my book it is a victory.  Still have some more to go on on the right knee, however, I will take the good news.

I asked for a 10% percent or higher on each knee, however, my IME/IMO from Dr. Ellis rated each knee at 20%, 10 percent from traumatic arthritis and 10% from mild medial laxity and mild lateral laxity of the collateral ligaments.  

Interesting turn of events however, it deserves to be mentioned in the Success Stories section.

"fight till your last breath"

Edited by ArNG11
spelling

Thanks Mr. Wild.  It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't give up.  Keep fighting.  

• HadIt.com Elder

congrats ArNG11

2= 10% 's is good  & can always file increase later  and the hard part is over.

once you get  SC...Then it's always open for increase.

remember if your disability's keeps you from working...file the extra scheduler TDIU

good for you buddy

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Again thanks guys.  I am trying to get all this planned out and in sych with the various surgeries that I am in need of. One hip down, two knees to go.   Not too easy to do.

I am pleased with the decision but I know the right knee qualifies for a higher rating since I first put in the knee claim.  All too easy though, I will fight for an increase after the ortho does some cleaning up in there. 

I am in the hopes that the knees will just need a clean up, however, you never know until you actually get in there.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use