VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My PTSD C&P Packet in the mail

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my DSM5  PTSD C&P Instructions in  the mail  from the QTC  Sat, for my C&P on the 23rd of Jan 2016 10 AM.

They said for me to call the Dr's office and let them know I received the instruction pack and let them know  date/time of my Exam...and it also says I do not need to bring any records /or evidence with me,  the Dr will have everything he needs from the VA..

says the VA Sent this C&P Examiner everything he needs?

Also says for me to fill out the travel voucher to get travel pay.

Would it hurt anything if I did bring my records to the exam? everything I sent in, and maybe some VA Note's about what the VA MH notes says  about my Sleep Apnea diagnose and the use of a C-PAP Machine prescribe by the VA?&some VA MH Note favorable to my claim?

What if the doc don't have all of it or what he needs?

any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks In Advance

.....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody??? bump bump:sad:

Edited by Buck52

Sorry I figured some would have responded by now.  From the C&P's that I have had none had the necessary records, hence, that is why I am on the appeals merry go 'round.  

Buck I would bring copies of the documents you think will strengthen your claim.  We are creatures of habit and history shows repetitive habits just don't go away.  We keep doing the same old same old.  

Bring the records.  With my mental C&P exam my letter stated the same, guess what, the VA didn't give the doc all the records.  Nice coinquidink and very beneficial for a denial set up.  Personally I would bring them if the doc needs them or wants them you will have them on hand.  You loose nothing but the ink on the copies.

That is just my take on what C&P I have had. Good luck bud.

Yes, not only should you "bring" the records, but have a good idea what they say.  Then, if the doc says something like, 
:It does not look like this is related to service, I see no evidence."  

You can counter with, "Ok, look here.  On Jan. 14, 1985, I was treated for xxx while in service.  Thank you for bringing up that excellent question, I am happy to get this resolved now, and not 4 years from now in appeals."  

The 5 P's often works, when other stuff fails.   You see NFL players studying their opponent this coming weeks moves on film.  They would not think of not preparing for a game where the outcome deterimines their income.  Neither should you.  

Edited by broncovet

My examiner said they cant use my records, but he did give them a fast look over before he gave them back.

In the Exam notes he stated he reviewed my documents.  He also stated he reviewed the CPRS and the VBMS records.  By making these statements, the examiner certifies that he/she is familiar with your medical history, to include the CPRS which is your VA Treatment records, as well as, the VBMS, which is the Vet. Benefits Mgt System, or your C File (because its digitized in the VBMS (I believe?)).  The VBMS should have your service medical records and everything about your claim that the rater uses to complete his job.

Problem was, mine ignored 99% of it and short changed me.  You should take them, show him every relevant fact they contain if they let you.  Its up to them if they use it all.

Its a crap shoot IMO.  But the bottom line is you have a bulletproof appeal if the examiner missed anything that would affect your rating.

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

okay thanks everyone...

I been to some C&P but never for PTSD....That examiner never ask me for any records..of course that lead to appeals.  eh!..

I will get some records that help substantiate my claim from VA Notes  from VA MH, & Some service records from my unit in Nam.

I don't have any private records?

The only thing is its been like 44 or more years since my military days  and I been in denial all this time  and finally gave in and seek help from the VA...I don't know if they will use that against me or not?  

We'll See??

..............Buck