VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Took advice - submitted IRIS about NOD and it worked!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

I want to thank the members on this site that take the time to respond!  I took your advice and I not only sent an IRIS, I sent an email asking about my NOD I submitted back in November 2014.  Well I just got a call from a VA rep at the local RO office and her first words out of her mouth were "I want to first start off with apologizing to you Ms. XXXXXXX".  I said "Thank You".  She went on to explain to me that my NOD was in fact filed in November 2014 and received in December 2014 BUT and here is the BUT, the VA OVERLOOKED a step regarding my NOD!!!  She indicated that it never went to "pending".  She said "it missed a step".  Now I wonder how many other NOD's/Appeals's etc have "missed a step".  She told me that she also say my FDC submitted on January 12, 2016.  She indicated she and her co-worker are reviewing my NOD as we speak and that my FDC will go through its own and separate process. Basically a new claim for the FDC.  I told her that was fine and that I was thankful to finally hear my NOD was being reviewed.

Moral to this story....Be your own advocate and fight for your claim(s).  I am not sure it will even get approved or not but I am thankful that it is finally being looked at.

Thank you again to members here!  Especially Vync & BroncoVet

Edited by Navy4life

3 answers to this question