VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90% Comp more than likely than not 100%?

Rate this question

kevin4998

Question

6 answers to this question

IMHO, it is likely to be very high due to the fact that when a veteran has a combined rating of 90% it is very hard for the veteran to get rated 100% scheduler because the veteran would need an additional 50% just to his that mythical creature 95% to round up to 100%

I just checked the e benefits website and my rating went from 70% to 90%. This is great news, but I also filed a claim for TDIU. My claim is still open and went from Preparation of Notification to Gathering of Evidence. Does this mean that I still have a good chance of getting TDIU?

Congrats! It's hard to say what they will come up with next? The important thing is to continue to be seen and have any additional docs sent to the VA and your case manager. I think that If the condition persists or doesn't improve over time, they would more than likely put you on TDIU.  The thing is that I don't know very much about TDIU? But for IU, it needs to be long lasting and not improving (based on my experience). I was at 90% then had some additional docs I submitted and was approved 100%p&t.  I was shocked! But quite relieved.  

Hello I am rated at 90%

70% ptsd/tbi

50% migraines

30% total knee replacement

20% neck

10% arutritics no sure of spelling

total rating 90% monthly amount $1888.00

Question I have is should I try for IU I have not worked since june 2015 due to hitting a customer. If I apllied and got it  would my monthly go up and how much.

On 1/19/2016 at 4:45 PM, kevin4998 said:

Just curious what you all think if the average of 100% TDIU is given for 90% service-connected is high or not?  2 cents?

I think it all depends on your biggest medical problem and why you can't work, and again, I think (personally) your age.  While, unlike SSDI, which uses you age, the VA is not supposed to.

I dont know if the VA considers retraining when looking at IU, or just what you can do now.

But, you should apply as soon as you can so you get the earliest date, if they grant or deny and you win, etc..

Good luck,

Hamslice

I need to do an update here...

With Dr. Bash's help, we filed for some new contentions.   In just three months the claim(s) went from start to finish.   I had two C&P exams, not at a VA, but contracted.  The first exam covered everything general and second was mental.   I actually felt good on both exams.   When I read Ebenefit's for updates I seen that I jumped from 80% to 90%, and was excited but not happy of course, as I had felt really good about the exams.   But, as someone here once mentioned, a win is a win.   Regardless I was anxious to see the "letters" and to see what they had to say.   Dr. Bash asked me to get the examiners notes so I went too the RO and obtained two days afterwards (weekend) of finding out i had went from 80 to 90.  After reading the letters I was surprised to see that none of the new contentions nor any other issue had raised at all.   The only thing that moved was my Somata (depression/anxiety and others) went from 30% to 70%.   They dropped the ball on the letters and I had to write to the VA Director upon Dr. Bash's to get the RO to send me new copies.   The retro I received was higher then expected.  But the big surprise came on May 1 deposit.. 3k.   That's when, I called RO office and talked to them directly to find out if something was wrong with the payout.   I actually won my TDIU!   I was very surprised about this as I had not seen anything on Ebenefits nor had anyone mentioned it.  

At this point I am happy, but I feel since this exam was conducted outside the VA, I believe "IF" next review is done in house at the VA hospital, then it will be very easy for them to reduce me.  So, I am going to go ahead and push with Dr. Bash's help to get to 100%.   I should mention that my rating % was 94.043% or something like that.. just short of 95% by less than 1/2% from getting me to the 100% due to round up.

DuaneP, your case looks stronger than mine as my next higher rating after the 70% for depression was only 30% for several different items.   jmo though, but if I was you I would diffidently file for it.  Take in mind during general exam they did ask me what two particular items kept me from working, and I did not mention mental (that exam was the next day).

Sorry if this all sounds confusing, its late.. I have been writing a lay statement to add to my paperwork which I will be faxing to dr. Bash tomorrow.