VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp. Claim & C-File

Rate this question

Cope3

Question

I've been reviewing a lot of posts on here advising what to do while waiting for a Comp. Claim to be decided. One thing I noticed was that it's recommended to get your C-File. Which is good to hear because I put in for that first. The weird thing is the time tables though. According to eBennies,I put in my Privacy Act Request 10/14/15 and the estimated completion date is 10/24/16 - 6/20/17!! Whereas, the Comp. Claim was entered 12/22/15, was changed from "Under Review" to "Gathering of Evidence" today with estimated completion date of 5/19/15 - 9/23/15!

Definitely, not complaining about my Comp. Claim moving along quicker than expected! What I don't understand though, why is the Privacy Act Request going to take 1 - 1.5 years, compared to, the up to 9 months for the Comp. Claim? How can they decide Compensation quicker than sending me my C-File?! WTF?

If anyone has any information to add some clarity to this concern; it'd greatly be appreciated! Thanks

4mydad:

eBennies> click "work in progress"> expand "open claims"> click  the "submitted date" of the claim you want to look at> scroll to bottom "Requests"

Mines shows up as 'Request 1" and shows a 'Due Date' of '2/24/16.

You trackin?

Thanks Cope3-I check ebennies account often and it only has "under review."  If I open requests it states-

maybe his claim isn't as far along as yours. 

If we submitted a FDC, why would they have until the 2/24?  Just wondering  I have quite a few unsolicited documents uploaded.