VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp. Claim & C-File

Rate this question

Cope3

Question

I've been reviewing a lot of posts on here advising what to do while waiting for a Comp. Claim to be decided. One thing I noticed was that it's recommended to get your C-File. Which is good to hear because I put in for that first. The weird thing is the time tables though. According to eBennies,I put in my Privacy Act Request 10/14/15 and the estimated completion date is 10/24/16 - 6/20/17!! Whereas, the Comp. Claim was entered 12/22/15, was changed from "Under Review" to "Gathering of Evidence" today with estimated completion date of 5/19/15 - 9/23/15!

Definitely, not complaining about my Comp. Claim moving along quicker than expected! What I don't understand though, why is the Privacy Act Request going to take 1 - 1.5 years, compared to, the up to 9 months for the Comp. Claim? How can they decide Compensation quicker than sending me my C-File?! WTF?

If anyone has any information to add some clarity to this concern; it'd greatly be appreciated! Thanks

You as well!

I'll post all the action on my claim so I have a record of start to finish. This way people can get an idea of the time each process takes. In an effort to help them better understand the process.

Little more movement today. Received an autogen email stating:

"Your claim was downloaded by the Muskogee VA Regional Office on February 1, 2016 at 3:08 AM ET time. You will be contacted soon by that office.

This is an automated response.  Please do not reply to this email.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs"

Update:

I had a couple exams, one on 4/23 and one on 4/29.

Received notice on a pending BAD on 5/21.

Received BBE today, 5/23.

A couple things are still deferred with pending C&P exams. But, I'm so excited and thankful that they made a decision on most of it to get the ball rolling.

I'll post the next update after my C&P exam and conclusion of my entire claim. Guessing around July 1st.

There is hope, just be patient! A huge thank you to everyone for all their help over this process!!