VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P Over

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got through my C&P today( Sat)  1-23-16  about 75 minutes

Took a little over an hour   things went fairly well, the Physiatrist /examiner was nice  and after all the questions she said'' well that's it I need to type in some information in the computer, ect,,ect,,.....so Maybe I'll at least get it SC? not sure on the rating ? she didn't go over that many symptoms  she said she read  a lot of my records  the night before  and she has my stressors and my symptoms and I did mention I was on a cpap  machine  ordered through my MH Dr  But it was after I filed my claim...she type that in to the computer  but I don't know what she said about it?

she said ... I need to download that in ebenefits or go to my VA  ROI and have them to record  my c-pap dx  she did say it is probably already in my VA Notes.....so that should be ok...I gave her a letter my son wrote on my behalf  she read it and ask me to get that in my VA Records   she couldn'r do it   I had to do it  so she read the letter and gave it back to me.

that was the extent of my exam...if I had to guess right now I think it will get SC  and maybe a 10% rating  anything more than that I will be surprised..

Now it's waiting time  not sure how to get the exam results back?  being this was done fee base from the VA  to QTC

Thanks Everyone for supporting me  I appreciate it

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

On 1/24/2016 at 7:06 AM, broncovet said:

PTSD is an upgrade to what they used to call "shell shock", where troops exposed to excessive gunfire sometimes kept "going back" to the war in their head.   Since the VA thinks private physicians can not even diagnose PTSD (only VAMC docs), I think its a safe bet your doc is a Vet.  

Im gonna be in Dallas on about the weekend of March 5.  I would like to meet you, Buck.  Is that possible?  

PTSD isn't always related to "war" - I suffered PTSD due to a personal assault which was very difficult for me.  I think PTSD comes in all shapes/sizes/etc...

I too live in Dallas BroncoVet!

On 1/24/2016 at 7:36 AM, Buck52 said:

Question

That C&P doc read a letter my son sent with me but said she could not put it into my records and mention to me to take it to my VAMC ROI Dept ask them to record it into my medical records  or if I had my healthyvet to down load in into ebenefits...should I copy and past it and then download it into my ebenefits? and what part of benefits do I do this in? show as evidence to my claim? or should I just save this letter incase I need it for Appeal? as new and material evidence?

I don't think she wrote any of it down but she might  say she read the letter at my exam?

IDK?

..........Buck

Buck - take it to the VA Medical Records center at your local VA Hospital to have it put into your permanent records.  I too am in Dallas, so I go to the VA Dallas basement records department to have everything scanned in....

Buck;

I am glad to hear the C&P exam went well.  I too was nervous but thankful it was over with!  You went in there and told her what you needed to and I am sure she will document everything discussed.  I know the waiting sucks but I am sure it will be favorable!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks you Navy4life I wish you the best too with your outcome.

Actually I live in Rowlett Tx  and use the Dallas VAMC Too.

were practically neighbors   ya

.....Buck

7 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Thanks you Navy4life I wish you the best too with your outcome.

Actually I live in Rowlett Tx  and use the Dallas VAMC Too.

were practically neighbors   ya

.....Buck

I was just at the VA this morning...Have to be back there on Friday :)