VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES Exam Notes

Rate this question

ETM81

Question

I had a VES doctor for my PTSD increase/TDIU evaluation. From what I've read, I can't view the doc's exam notes until a decision has been made. Is that true or is there a way I can request a copy of them from either the VARO or from my VAMC records once they are received? Thanks in advance!

Edited by ETM81

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your correct  they won't release the report until after a decision is made, but try not to worry to much     After you get your decision you have a year to file a Notice of Disagreement ...IF NEED BE?

Buck

44 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Your correct  they won't release the report until after a decision is made, but try not to worry to much     After you get your decision you have a year to file a Notice of Disagreement ...IF NEED BE?

Buck

Thanks. I figured that was the case. I'll try not to drive myself too crazy. A NOD/appeal takes forever though. Because it's a very new claim, I'd rather just submit it as a new claim (aka a reconsideration"). Thanks again!

• HadIt.com Elder
29 minutes ago, ETM81 said:

• HadIt.com Elder

please read carlies post  about NOD/VS RECONCIDERATION  here on hadit

pay attention to the effective dates when adding new & meterial evidence...if you do make sure you use the words  ADDING NEW EVIDENCE  vs NEW & MATERIAL EVIDENCE

Ms Carlie explained  this well.

..........Buck

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

please read carlies post  about NOD/VS RECONCIDERATION  here on hadit

pay attention to the effective dates when adding new & meterial evidence...if you do make sure you use the words  ADDING NEW EVIDENCE  vs NEW & MATERIAL EVIDENCE

Ms Carlie explained  this well.

..........Buck

Thanks Buck! I'll be very careful if I have to file a NOD. I appreciate the info/help.