VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Results - VARO Oakland

Rate this question

USAF-Vet

Question

My C&P Exams were conducted via the contractor MSLA on Jan. 11, 16 and 20th. The results were transmitted to VHA and uploaded per MyHealthyVet to Vista imaging. After making several contacts to see if I could get the results printed out for me, I have been informed that even though the results are in Vista (CPRS - VA medical records) I cannot have access to them until they are released from the VARO (Oakland).

My anxiety is pinging since one of the reports is 47 pages and I want to read them.

I have a congressional on my claim so I called my congressional aide and asked him if that is why I am not being allowed access to my reports. He believes the problem is an internal clerical type thing like we dealt with when we were retrieving my records from the Archive last summer. He is going to make an inquiry and see if I can be granted access to my reports.

So, FYI if you're in the Bay area or if you're an employee like myself (our claims are reviewed in MN) we are not able to review our C&P results right away like everyone else seems to be able to do. When I inquired about finding the reports on MyHealthyVet last week, I was informed it typically takes 6 weeks to show up on there.

My C&P reports typically show up in my healthy Vet in less than a week!

1 hour ago, wingnut73 said:

My C&P reports typically show up in my healthy Vet in less than a week!

Seems most people are fortunate to see them so fast, however my area apparently isn't so efficient.

My status changed this afternoon to "preparation for decision ".  Still cant view my exam results but hopefully i will be rated soon. 

Still can't get my C&P results. Asked on Ebenefits and this is what I was told:

"That is correct to receive a copy of the result; To request Exam result must be done in writing and to include your full name, complete SSN#, date the letter and your signature. Fax or Mail the request to the evidence Intake Center"

WTH? I don't understand. How is everyone else getting their results in a few days via My Healthy Vet which I set up as a premium account per others instructions.

Are you using the "Blue Button " in my healthy Vet to retrieve your info? Its in the VA notes section. Have you been Authenticated as a premium member in MHV?

Edited by wingnut73
To add more info

3 hours ago, wingnut73 said:

Are you using the "Blue Button " in my healthy Vet to retrieve your info? Its in the VA notes section. Have you been Authenticated as a premium member in MHV?

Yes, I did that. My husband did as well.

There appears to be a policy issue in our region that prevents C&P reports from being made available via My Healthy Vet. It is coming from the VARO Oakland side. I am going to raise the question/issue with leadership today because I'm willing to bet they are not aware of it.

From what I'm told, the VARO mails hard copies of the C&P's with the decision letter which as we all know is weeks after the exams are completed.

There may a policy change coming overall.  I caught them with their pants down with an exchange between the RO and the C&P doc where the RO was trying to influence the DR. in what to say in his report. I copied it all while I had it on my computer! Lots of luck