VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success with PTSD claim (I accidentally deleted original post )

Rate this topic

OceanGirl

I accidentally deleted my original posts and apologize for that. I was trying to respond to rwoods 4?  who had a question about the timeline of how long it took my claim to be finalized. I will retype my original posts real quick. My apologies. 

My claim was for PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia caused my MST and the VA combined all of these under PTSD. My rating came back service connected at 70%. I'm satisfied with this rating and now I'm on continuing on the road to recovery which has been a very rough ride the last 10 years. In my original post my advice was to make sure that you track down all of the records and information for the VA to have as that is what I did because I wanted to make sure they got all of the records and background information that they needed. It was a lot of work and I had to keep calling prior therapists, hospitals, and previous bases to get the right information which made me learn patience.  Also, the C&P exam was a very huge trigger for me. I had and have had many panic attacks and unfortunately it's been a huge challenge.  I have had a hard time overcoming going over specific details, but I know they have to have all of the information available to do their jobs and know how it affects me now.  My only other advice is to make sure you try and stick to the questions that the examiner asks and very much be yourself. I couldn't be anything but myself as my anxiety and lack of focus took over the entire exam. 

My exam was done over the holidays and was completed around the second week of January of this year. I hope this helps and thanks all that responded previously with congrats and well wishes to recieve the proper therapy that will help me be happy in life. 

Thank you all for your service, continued service to veterans or one another, and God BLess. 

P.S. How do you like someone elses  post? LOL I couldn't find out how to do that? 

I think it is the 'like this'  doo dad at the bottom right hand side of a post that you can click on.

OceanGirl , I tried to reply to the post you lost yesterday and had quite a hard time getting back on line here and then I noticed the lights on my modem were bouncing around a lot so there was some problem with the satellite but in any event I saved my reply:

"You have a very supportive husband!

The claims process is very emotionally draining so I think it is best to take it easy for a while.

Thank you for calling me Ma'am! I haven't heard that since my daughter called me on 9-11.

She was due home here in NY ,on leave that day (USAF Intel)but heard the news while packing and she jogged to her job at NSA,knowing the parking lot would  be in pandemonium. The Air Force called here twice wondering if she had gotten home here yet but I assured them she would be at work as soon as she heard of the attack.

Finally she called me to tell me she had been put into the Battle division and didn't know when she would get leave again (she was basically an Intel info runner at that point but was glad to be doing something that had to be done) and when she called me, she actually called me Ma'am a few times, then changed that  to 'Mommy' before she hung up.

I am so proud of our women who serve now or who are veterans!

Please stay with us as you certainly did a great job on your claim. It is very inspiring.

This is sort of funny now but wasn't on 9-11. I had all of my flags out, to include each service branch, POW, and the American flag, on my deck because it was the same day I expected a flyover for aerial photo shots of my home and farm.It used to be  common here for many  to get these aerial photos done of their land.

My neighbor (USAF Ret) suddenly pulled into my driveway  and took the flags down,as he felt they were a target,just as the pilot called me up, to tell me they had been  forbidden to fly.

My daughter didn't get leave for many more months.

I imagine we all remember that day vividly."

----------------------------------------------

I repeated that all because you had such good advice on your post ,were very proactive, and have so much to offer others here, with encouragement and the way  you handled your claim!

Yes Ma'am, thank you for reposting. I'm sorry that your family and daughter went through a very challenging time during 9/11. Thank her for her service as well. 

Yes ma'am, my husband is VERY supportive. It's draining though for everyone and I hope one day I can feel a little better and just learn to overcome everything. I wish it would go away but I know that will never happen. 

Thank you for your assistance on this site. You are extremely knowledgeable and helpful ! 

God Bless! 

On 1/26/2016 at 7:30 AM, Berta said:

I think it is the 'like this'  doo dad at the bottom right hand side of a post that you can click on.

OceanGirl , I tried to reply to the post you lost yesterday and had quite a hard time getting back on line here and then I noticed the lights on my modem were bouncing around a lot so there was some problem with the satellite but in any event I saved my reply:

"You have a very supportive husband!

The claims process is very emotionally draining so I think it is best to take it easy for a while.

Thank you for calling me Ma'am! I haven't heard that since my daughter called me on 9-11.

She was due home here in NY ,on leave that day (USAF Intel)but heard the news while packing and she jogged to her job at NSA,knowing the parking lot would  be in pandemonium. The Air Force called here twice wondering if she had gotten home here yet but I assured them she would be at work as soon as she heard of the attack.

Finally she called me to tell me she had been put into the Battle division and didn't know when she would get leave again (she was basically an Intel info runner at that point but was glad to be doing something that had to be done) and when she called me, she actually called me Ma'am a few times, then changed that  to 'Mommy' before she hung up.

I am so proud of our women who serve now or who are veterans!

Please stay with us as you certainly did a great job on your claim. It is very inspiring.

This is sort of funny now but wasn't on 9-11. I had all of my flags out, to include each service branch, POW, and the American flag, on my deck because it was the same day I expected a flyover for aerial photo shots of my home and farm.It used to be  common here for many  to get these aerial photos done of their land.

My neighbor (USAF Ret) suddenly pulled into my driveway  and took the flags down,as he felt they were a target,just as the pilot called me up, to tell me they had been  forbidden to fly.

My daughter didn't get leave for many more months.

I imagine we all remember that day vividly."

----------------------------------------------

I repeated that all because you had such good advice on your post ,were very proactive, and have so much to offer others here, with encouragement and the way  you handled your claim!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use