VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD Schedular W/SMC S Housbound

Rate this question

wnappster

Question

I was recently increased from 70% to 100% PTSD Schedular w/SMC S housebound which was backdated to Jan 2014 with future exams. I had filed for an increase based on TDIU but was denied that an per the VA it is a moot point. Is it possible to get this changed to P&T with no future exams? What are the steps to do this? My original PTSD rating goes back to 2011. My private Psychologist is 100% behind me but of course the VA Dr is more like a pill doctor. 

• HadIt.com Elder

"but going over the 100% does set up a veteran for SMC's Obviously"

That's exactly what the VA seems to try and avoid! Even with SMC S, it's possible that a veteran may be entitled to a higher SMC level, due to the combination of conditions, and not the exact percentages.  It would be a tough road to go down, simply because traditionally, the VA has done everything possible to prevent success!

Edited by Chuck75

Hello, I'm Brand new here and don't know where to start..
After reading this thread, I'd like to follow it because it seems relevant to me..I have an appt for Reassessment 29 march..after 5 years! I initiated the call because I was having issues and wanted to speak with DR....She said "wow, we haven't seen you in 5 years" I said Yes...she said we were supposed to reassess you every 2 yrs..SO, that's where I'm at...kind of nervous, scared, don't want to lose what I have...actually would like to increase my rating..I called my VSO 1st..he asked on what basis (nicely) I told him I still have issues..He suggested maybe I should see the DR first..then come back to him..That is how this Whole ball got rolling again..Thanks