VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Help

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I got my award letter today. It says nothing about why I got ssd only that I got it and how much I am getting. And I thought they tell you how often they review you case. Also thought the say why you were approved. Is this award letter? It says award notice in the top left corner. Please let me know so I can get this off to the va. And if this is the award letter how does the va know if it is for service connection. thank you

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

All you'll get is what you've gotten.

Send a copy of this "award letter" to the VA and sign on of those "release of information" letters giving the SSA as the entity that you want the VA to request your file from.

All you'll get is what you've gotten.

Send a copy of this "award letter" to the VA and sign on of those "release of information" letters giving the SSA as the entity that you want the VA to request your file from.

larry do I get the release of info from ss or the va and can I get one over the internet

Guest rickb54

calnight,

Do you get social security because of a service connected injury/disease?

If you did than the ssd award might help you va case.

If not, the va will look at it but it may not help your case.

Edited by rickb54

Calnight.

You can find out on what basis that Social Security awarded you by calling the 800 #. How often they review your case depends upon several factors like your age, what your disability they awarded you on, If it is medically likely to get better. If you are near actual retirement age they will not bother you. My wife is 33 and has had SSD for about 7 years. She has been reviewed in person with a doctor once and the other time she was reviewed through the mail. If you have children under age 18 then they are entitled to a percentage of your award, meaning that say you got $700 a month then they would be entitled to around $350 so the total paid to you each month would be $1050. If you have several children you only get a total of $350. Most lawyers do not tell you that you are entitled to this for the children but are able to collect their percentage when you file the paperwork. They do not tell you because it is more paperwork for them and almost everyone finds out that minor children can get money and they file the paperwork themself thus saving the lawyer time. Dale Jr 8