VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full Review and Details of WRIISC

Rate this topic

Overview: Overall this program was pretty good. I left with more questions then I came there with. One note is that there is a lot of down time. I figured since I had to wait anyways I might as well wait in the waiting room. Pretty much every appt I got into early. And usually like an hour early. Bring reading stuff or a phone or something to play games on.

Earlier on I talked about docs having agendas. Just keep that in mind. Have your ducks in a row. Know that if you are talking to a neurologist that you need to focus more on neurology stuff. Talking to a pain doc then focus on pain. Make the best use of the time you have with the doctors and do not be surprised if you come home with more diagnosis and more questions. Have a follow up appt with your primary care doctor scheduled for a few days after you get back.

Go visit Release of Information early on in the week and get to know the girls in there. Let them know you are there for WRIISC and that you would like to get a copy of your MRI disc and all the doc notes that are in the system from the week. It takes a couple days to get the MRI disc so see them on tuesday or wed morning. Then follow up on on Thursday or Friday before you leave. Ask them to mail you anything that comes in the next week or so to your records. For some reason notes from these docs don't get your records very fast. Don't rely on myhealthevet. Don't rely on the records getting into the system. You will probably want them anyways to read on the way home so you can write down all your new questions. 

You will get a lot of downtime. I can't state this enough. If you have plenty of time download the UBER app. Its pretty cheap to take an Uber to town and go do something so you don't lose your mind. I was told there is a bus that takes you to Stanford where it is supposed to be really pretty with a few things to do. We did not take it. Ask the nurses where to meet the bus. Other then that I don't think there is much public transportation. Taxis are CRAZY expensive, we had 2 good UBER drivers. One was a kind of beat up car but really nice guy was putting himself through college. And the other one was 5 Series BMW. So the cars are all over the place. 

I will update this thread if I think of anything I missed and please feel free to ask anything that you can think of.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic