VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In Search of Agent Orange Benefits

Rate this question

leonbenn07

Question

Because of the Nehmer decision of September 1985 (boots on the ground in Vietnam) linking coronary artery disease to Agent Orange, I have been denied benefits for the disease. I am looking for any fellow veterans that could help me gather more information for my claim.

I was an E4 in the Air Force on military assignment. We left California on "Thanksgiving Day" November 23rd 1967 on a military chartered Braniff Airlines airplane (all military personnel  except for the flight crew) by way of Siagon, Vietnam to Taikli, Thailand. We arrived at Tan San Nhut Air Base and was housed in military quarters. We were directed to be prepared to leave at 04:00 hours the following day on a military aircraft to our destinations.

If anyone could help me gather any additional information regarding that flight; I will be very thankful and appreciative.
Edited by leonbenn07
Correction to location

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You've been Denied, when? Have you filed a NOD. What evidence was discussed in your Denial Letter?

You have requested and received your complete Service Record, right? If you had proof of the Nam lay-over, could end up as a jump ball, as to weather you got off the plain or not. Vet's supposed to get, the "benefit of doubt," in 50/50 probability situations.

If you haven't already done so, file your NOD requesting a DRO Hearing, that will keep your claim alive for about another 2 years.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, leonbenn07 said:

Because of the Nehmer decision of September 1985 (boots on the ground in Vietnam) linking coronary artery disease to Agent Orange, I have been denied benefits for the disease. I am looking for any fellow veterans that could help me gather more information for my claim.

I was an E4 in the Air Force on military assignment. We left California on "Thanksgiving Day" November 23rd 1967 on a military chartered Braniff Airlines airplane (all military personnel  except for the flight crew) by way of Siagon, Vietnam to Taikli, Thailand. We arrived at Siagon Military Airbase and was housed in military quarters. We were directed to be prepared to leave at 04:00 hours the following day on a military aircraft to our destinations.

If anyone could help me gather any additional information regarding that flight; I will be very thankful and appreciative.

"Because of the Nehmer decision of September 1985 (boots on the ground in Vietnam) linking coronary artery disease to Agent Orange, I have been denied benefits for the disease."

That does not make sense. What seems to be the case is that you don't have proof of "feet on ground", or other medical records that link CAD to military service. Tan Son Nhut  was the Saigon military and civilian airport. To add insult,  CAD is fairly common in the general non veteran population.

When did you file the claim?

Although I was in the "Brown Water" Navy, I had to prove feet on ground anyway. Fortunately, there were USAF records of medical treatment that met the criteria.

Obtaining records from that long ago will be a challenge. Would it be possible to obtain a "buddy statement"? Do you have a copy of your service records?

Edited by Chuck75

The Thailand AO regs are within this excellent article by attorney Chris Attig,which I think  includes some good tips for USAF vets exposed to AO:

If you had a stop over in Vietnam, that can be proven as well.

Can you scan and attach here the denial and include the Evidence list they used?

Cover C file number, name ,address prior to scanning it.