VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration For Ssdi Onset Date/quarters Concern

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your thoughts? In my reconsideration for SSDI from what i read, I will need to prove disability onset date then validate date of current quarters .Looks as though my impending VA disability onset may be dated back two or more years. That is within the 10 year window of when I did have valid SS quarters. I am worried also about some temporary work I did and how affects the SSDI application? . My jobs were occasional day jobs, few and far between. AM I thinkin' ok here? Thanks, cg

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Cowgirl:

SSD already knows your quarters; How much you earned; and so fourth.

Did you go to the SS office when you filed? You should have recieved around your birthday a envelope with your earnings and what your disability would be today and so fourth.

My suggestion is

1. If you have been turned down for SSD, contact a lawyer that handles these cases

2. Do more on your part as far as seeing Dr.'s: Go to an occupational Dr. if you can: They will run different test to see what you can and can not do( have your primary Dr. set an appointment for you, that way it was refered by him). They go by what OSHA requires and if you can do a standard job for 8 hrs. If you have that done hand his letter to the lawyer to submit.

Usually if SSD has a question on whether you can work or not they will most likely send you to an occupational Dr. But then that might be way out of your range for milage wise. They usually go by what the DR. says on this.

for me I went to one because I was having problems with my disability insurance through work. You can not fake these test because the equipment will tell on you otherwise. I submitted my letter and within a month after that I recieved by SSD. The Dr. stated for me less than 2 pounds of lifting, I could not do any good gripping with my hands, I could not keep up to a work standard, I could not stand,sit squat bend for 8 hrs and so fourth.

Remember that SSD as any other insurance CO.'s do not always go by what your DR.'s always say! Yes you do need proof as with VA, the more DR.s' you see to evaluate your claim the better your chances on recieving SSD.

Let me also explain that I had shoulder surgery and was off work for 12 weeks, He released me back to work, I worked for 2 weeks with 4 days take off because I was in so much pain, This DR. would not help me for SSD, he said that nothing else could be done, I had to see another DR. who had put me out of work permentaly, eventualy he signed of also, but my primary said that I could not go back to work. SSD said to me that you have a three month laps time to see if you could work so those 2 weeks I went back did not hurt me as far as my filing.

I hope this gives you some insight on SSD, for me, if it would not have been for the occupational DR. I would have probably been fighting for it for a while.

John's Wife.

Cowgirl:

The temporary work shouldn't affect the ssd. If you are approved for ssd they calculate your payment based on the highest annual pay in a 5 year period. The only catch to this is that the 5 years have to be in a row. As long as the temp work was not even close to what you would have normally made in a year.

Dale Jr. 8