VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Somewhat confused on loss of use

Rate this question

30percentermovingup

Question

Hello and I hope everyone is well.

I am a little confused, on loss of use, I understand the term and the definitions etc. 

Where I am confused is do I apply for it. I asked the V.A. podiatrist to put it in my record for my right foot, she never did. In fact she spent 10 minutes with me, referred me for a brace and emg and hasn't seen me since. The emg showed some bad radiculopathy also by the way. I haven't been able to get a follow up though. We are talking eight months.

I will be getting a mobility scooter this month from the V.A. or actually an Enhanced Motorized Wheelchair. I need to apply for the auto grant but I am unsure how to prove loss of use, do I apply for the SMC award which would probably be SMC (K) or is there another form I use? Do I need a doctor to fill anything out for loss of use or do I apply for just that directly?

I appreciate all your help, and the forum has helped me greatly in the last couple of years. No matter how hard I searched here or Google I could not find out how to prove loss of use for the mobility grant.

Also to answer a question that will be asked, yes I have loss of use, my right foot which is service connected would be better served amputated and a prosthetic put on due to the pain.

Thanks again

Nick Savage

Edited by 30percentermovingup
spelling

@broncovet I do not think I qualify for TDIU, as i understand it a veteran must be, service-connected disability rated at 60 percent or more or Two or more service-connected disabilities, at least one being 40 percent or more with a combined rating of 70 percent or more.

I am only 30 percent rated.

Whoa Hoss (30 percent)!!!

That regulation is designed so that Vets wont apply for TDIU!!!  VA loves this!!  They preach this  song on the rooftops. "You cant get IU unless you are 60%"  

The problem with VA's "you must be at least 60%" is that its wrong, and inconsistent with regulations.  This is only ONE way to get to IU, there are TWO, both 4.16 A and 4.16b.  The VA wants you to read only 4.16 a, and live your life in poverty and not apply for 4.16 b IU, which is "extra schedular" consideration.  

Yes, its true VA rarely grants 4.16b IU.  Part of that is because VA wants you to think you must be 60 percent so they cite 4.16A like they did me, and "forget" 4.16 b.  

Equally as important is this:  If you are at 30 percent and can not work, then its probably because the VA "low balled" you at 30 percent, probably deliberately so they dont have to pay IU.  Often, when the Vet does apply for IU who is unemployable but only rated 30-40%, the VA does not want to grant 4.16 b IU, but they increase your rating to schedular requirements instead.  
Lexis Nexus posts this as a "sample of the VBM" so this portion of the VBM, is apparently not copyrighted as it is freely available to one who goes to this website:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/veterans/offer/images/vbm_sample.pdf

5.4 TOTAL DISABILITY RATINGS BASED ON INDIVIDUAL UNEMPLOYABILITY As discussed earlier, the Schedule for Rating Disabilities is comprised of ten grades of disability which “are based on the average impairment of a veteran’s occupational earning capacity.”1 Under the rating schedule the highest grade of disability is 100 percent, which means that a veteran is totally disabled. However, under 38 C.F.R. § 4.16, a total disability rating may be assigned “where a person who fails to meet the schedular rating percentage is, nevertheless, unable to secure a substantially gainful occupation.”2 TDIU ratings consider the effect that service-connected disabilities have on a particular veteran’s ability to work. Thus, a total (100%) rating based on TDIU is more individualized than a schedular (100%) rating which is based on the average impairment of earnings.3 As the Court stated in Norris v. West, 4 “‘a claim for TDIU is based on an acknowledgement that even though a rating less than 100 percent may be correct, objectively, there are subjective factors that may permit assigning a 100 percent rating to a particular veteran under particular facts.’”5 Therefore, a determination of the veteran’s entitlement to TDIU is considered in the context of the individual veteran’s capabilities regardless of whether an average person would be rendered unemployable under the same circumstances. In October 2001, the VA issued proposed changes to the current TDIU regulations. Among these changes is a proposed amendment to 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) that would provide that a TDIU rating may be assigned only if the veteran’s disabilities do not warrant a total schedular rating.6 The VA stated in its comments to the proposed regulations that because TDIU ratings “are intended only to ensure appropriate compensation to persons who are unemployable due to disability but do not meet the schedular requirements for a total disability rating . . . when a veteran is entitled to a total schedular rating, the justification for a total disability rating based on individual unemployability ceases to exist.”7 Therefore, the VA proposes “to state in § 4.16(a) that a total schedular rating cancels an existing rating that was assigned based on inability to engage in substantially gainful employment.”8 For purposes of clarification, the VA also proposes to amend 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(b), to state that a total disability rating based on individual unemployability will not be assigned if the veteran already has a total schedular rating.9 ** Advocacy Tip** The advocate should write to the VA and request that the VA inform the advocate of the evidence that is needed to substantiate the claim for TDIU. The following language may be used in a letter to the VA: The Veterans Claims Assistance Act of 2000 (VCAA or Act) was signed into law on November 9, 2000. See Pub. L. No. 106-475, 114 Stat. 2096 (2000). The VCAA requires the 1. Id. § 4.1. 2. 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) (2002). 3. See Hatlestad (II) v. Derwinski, 3 Vet. App. 213 (1992), (TDIU determinations should be considered in the context of the individual veteran’s vocational capabilities regardless of whether an average person would be rendered unemployable under the same circumstances). See also VA Gen. Coun. Prec. 75-91 (December 27, 1991). 4. 12 Vet. App. 413 (1999). 5. Norris, 12 Vet. App. at 421 (quoting Parker v. Brown, 7 Vet. App. 116, 118 (1994)). 6. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49887 (October 1, 2001). 7. Id. 8. Id. Furthermore, the VA stated that “the cancellation of a total rating based on individual unemployability under these circumstances will not result in a reduction of benefits, and the procedural provisions concerning the reduction or discontinuance of benefits are not applicable.” Accordingly, the VA also proposes to amend 38 C.F.R. § 3.343(c) to make clear that the procedural provisions for reduction of benefits do not apply when a total disability rating based on individual unemployability is replaced by a total schedular rating. Id. 9. Id. VA to notify all claimants and the claimants’ representatives of “any information, and any medical or lay evidence, not previously provided to the Secretary that is necessary to substantiate the claim.” In addition, the VA is required to explain to the claimant what evidence the claimant must obtain and what evidence the VA will attempt to obtain. Therefore, please explain to the claimant what types of evidence would help substantiate this claim for TDIU. For example, if information is needed regarding the veteran’s employment and education history, please inform my client what specific information is needed that will assist in proving the veteran’s claim. If a medical opinion is needed, please inform my client what information should be included in the medical opinion. In some instances, there may be positive and negative evidence in the VA record. If you determine there is negative evidence in this claimant’s record please let my client know what this evidence is and please let us know what types of evidence would tend to rebut this negative evidence and thus substantiate this claim. 5.4.1 The TDIU Requirement That the Veteran Be Unable to Secure a Substantial Gainful Occupation Currently, VA regulations do not provide a definition of the term “substantial gainful occupation.” The VA has defined “substantial gainful occupation” in its Adjudication and Procedural Manual as “that which is ordinarily followed by the nondisabled to earn their livelihood with earnings common to the particular occupation in the community where the veteran resides.”10 Marginal employment is not considered substantial gainful employment. Marginal employment is defined as earned annual income that does not exceed the poverty threshold for one person as established by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census.11 Marginal employment can be held to exist in certain circumstances even where the veteran’s earned annual income exceeds the poverty threshold. For example, if a veteran works in a “protected environment” such as a family business or sheltered workshop he is considered to be only marginally employed. Because VA regulations do not define the term “substantial gainful occupation,” the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims has had the task of interpreting this regulatory term as part of its review of BVA decisions that have concluded that the veteran is capable of performing a substantial gainful occupation. In Faust v. West, 12 the Court adopted a definition of a “substantially gainful occupation.” The Court concluded that a substantially gainful occupation, is “[an occupation] that provides [the veteran with an] annual income that exceeds the poverty threshold for one person, irrespective of the number of hours or days that the veteran actually works . . ..” In Roberson v. Principi,13 the Federal Circuit held that the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims misconstrued the term “substantially gainful occupation” to mean that the veteran had to 10. MANUAL M21-1, Part VI, ¶ 7.09(7). 11. 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) (2002); See also Ferraro v. Derwinski, 1 Vet. App. 326, 332 (1991). Under the current poverty threshold established by the Bureau of the Census, marginal income for the year 2002 is $8,794. Accordingly, if a veteran earned this amount or less he would not be considered to be engaged in a “substantial gainful occupation.” 12. 13 Vet. App. 342, 356 (2000). In this case, a veteran was challenging a reduction in his TDIU rating for a psychiatric disability pursuant to 38 C.F.R. § 3.343, because the VA concluded that the veteran was capable of engaging in a substantially gainful occupation. In Bowling v. Principi, 15 Vet. App. 1, 10 (2001), the CAVC applied the definition of substantial gainful occupation first articulated in Faust to a claim for entitlement to TDIU. 13. 251 F.3d 1378, 1385 (Fed. Cir. 2001). prove that he was “100% unemployable.” The Court concluded that the plain language of the regulation does not require such a showing.14 The Court stated that: [r]equiring a veteran to prove that he is 100 percent unemployable is different than requiring the veteran to prove that he cannot maintain substantially gainful employment. The use of the word “substantially” suggests an intent to impart flexibility into a determination of the veteran’s overall employability, whereas a requirement that the veteran prove 100 percent unemployability leaves no flexibility. While the term “substantially gainful occupation” may not set a clear numerical standard for determining TDIU, it does indicate an amount less than 100 percent. The VA has issued proposed regulations that would significantly change the adjudication of TDIU claims. The current TDIU regulations use various terms throughout the regulations such as “secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation” “secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation” and “follow a “substantially gainful occupation.” The VA proposed to employ a single term, “engage in substantially gainful employment” throughout the TDIU regulations.15 The VA also proposes to define “substantially gainful employment” as “any work that is generally done for pay or profit that the veteran is able to perform with sufficient regularity and duration to provide a reliable source of income.”16 In the VA comments accompanying the proposed regulations, the VA stated that “this definition takes into account that general abilities and skills are necessary for any type of employment and that in order for employment to be ‘substantially gainful,’ work must be performed with reasonable consistency and for a reasonable period of time.”17 Under the proposed regulations, if a veteran is employed, “regardless of the nature, duration and regularity of employment activity,” and earns income that is twice the Maximum Annual Pension Rate (MAPR)(under 38 U.S.C.S. § 1521(b) as increased under 38 U.S.C.S. § 5312(a)), for a veteran without dependents, there is an irrebutable presumption that the veteran is capable of engaging in substantial gainful employment.18 The VA adopted the MAPR as a standard because “it reflects the reasoned judgment of Congress concerning levels of income which are adequate to meet the ordinary needs of individuals with no other income and was designed to create a national minimum standard necessary to meet basic needs.”19 Under the proposed regulations, a veteran who is employed and earns $19,112.00, in the year 2002, would be considered to be engaging in substantial gainful employment and would not be eligible for TDIU. The VA also proposes to eliminate “marginal employment” from the regulations. Therefore the exceptions to substantial gainful employment that were embodied in the “marginal employment” regulation would no longer exist. For example, under current regulations, employment is considered “marginal,” and therefore not substantially gainful, even though a veteran’s earnings exceed the established poverty level guideline as long as the veteran is employed in a “protected environment” such as a family business or sheltered workshop. This exception would be eliminated under the proposed regulation. ** Advocacy Tip ** If a veteran is employed and earns income that is below the amount that constitutes “substantial gainful employment,” he or she must understand that even though the 14. Id. 15. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49887 (October 1, 2001). 16. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49889 (October 1, 2001). 17. Id. 18. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49892-3 (October 1, 2001) to be codified at 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(c). See Section 6.2.1 of this Manual for a discussion of the MAPR. 19. 66 Fed. Reg. 49889. earned income does not automatically disqualify the veteran from being awarded TDIU benefits because his or her employment is not “substantial gainful employment,” the VA will still evaluate whether the veteran’s employment is proof that the veteran has the capacity for securing a substantial gainful employment. The VA will closely review the nature of the veteran’s employment to determine whether the job that the veteran is performing establishes that he or she has the ability to engage in a job that would produce earnings that would constitute substantial gainful employment. For example, the VA may consider the number of hours per week the veteran works to determine whether this demonstrates that the veteran has the ability to engage in substantial gainful employment. If the veteran is filing a TDIU claim because of physical disability, then the VA may consider whether the exertional activities performed by the veteran on the job, such as sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, using hands, reaching, lifting and carrying, demonstrate that the veteran has the ability to engage in substantial gainful employment. If the veteran suffers from a mental disability, the VA may consider whether the non-exertional activities performed by the veteran, such as communicating, remembering, following instructions, using judgment, adapting to changes and dealing with people, including supervisors, co-workers, and the public, demonstrate that the veteran has the ability to engage in substantial gainful employment. Therefore, an employed veteran whose earnings do not qualify his or her employment as “substantial gainful employment” must be prepared to demonstrate that despite the fact that the veteran is employed, he or she does not have the ability to engage in “substantial gainful employment.” One argument that an advocate may make for a veteran who is partially employed is that the veteran does not have the ability to perform exertional or non-exertional activities with the regularity and for the duration normally required for substantially gainful employment. In other words, the advocate should demonstrate that the veteran does not have the ability to perform work with reasonable consistency and for a reasonable time. 5.4.2 The Two-Step Analysis to Qualify for a TDIU Rating TDIU benefits will be granted “when the disabled person is, in the judgment of the rating agency, unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of serviceconnected disabilities.” The VA conducts a two-step analysis to determine whether a veteran qualifies for a TDIU rating. First, the VA regulation authorizing TDIU requires that the veteran’s service-connected disabilities satisfy certain percentage rating requirements.20 If a veteran has only one service-connected disability, this disability must be ratable at 60 percent or more.21 If the veteran has more than one service-connected disability, at least one disability must be ratable at 40 percent and the combined disability rating must be 70 percent or more.22 20. 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) (2002). 21. Id. 22. Id. Under the VA’s proposed TDIU regulations, the VA will retain the current requirement in 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) that a veteran who has only one service-connected disability must have a minimum 60 percent evaluation. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49888 (October 1, 2001). However, the VA is also proposing to reduce the threshold for combined ratings for veterans who have multiple service-connected disabilities from 70 percent to 60 percent. Id. Additionally, the VA is proposing to eliminate the requirement that one of these disabilities must be rated at least 40 percent disabling. Id. The VA explained the reasons for the proposed changes to the regulations: [M]ultiple service-connected disabilities combining to a 60 percent evaluation are no less likely to result in total disability based on individual unemployability than single service-connected disabilities evaluated as 60 percent or higher. We also believe that disabilities resulting in a combined rating of 60 percent may have approximately For purposes of calculating the percentage requirements of one 60 percent disability, or one 40 percent disability, the VA has devised rules for determining what satisfies the term “one disability.” The following are considered to be one disability: “(1) disabilities of one or both upper extremities, or of one or both lower extremities, including the bilateral factor. . . , (2) disabilities resulting from a common etiology or a single accident, (3) disabilities affecting a single body system, e.g., orthopedic, digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular-renal, neuropsychiatric, (4) multiple injuries incurred in action, or (5) multiple disabilities incurred as a prisoner of war.”23 Therefore, if a veteran suffers from several service-connected heart disabilities such as congestive heart failure and hypertension, the rating for these disabilities need only combine to a 60 percent evaluation in order for the veteran to qualify for TDIU under 4.16(a). If the veteran meets the percentage requirements, set forth above, the VA proceeds to the second step of the TDIU analysis. The VA determines whether the individual veteran is prevented from securing or following a “substantially gainful occupation” because of the service-connected disabilities.24 5.4.3 VA Central Office Consideration of TDIU Cases in Which the Veteran’s Rating Does Not Meet the Minimum Schedular Rating Levels A veteran who does not meet the percentage requirements under the rating schedule described above but who is unable to work due to service-connected disabilities may still be awarded a TDIU rating on an extraschedular basis.25 The TDIU regulation states that “it is the established policy” of the VA that all veterans who are unemployable because of service-connected disabilities “shall be rated totally disabled.”26 The regulation creates a special procedure for adjudication of these cases. Such cases are referred by the rating activities in the VA regional offices (ROs) to the VA Central Office located in Washington, D.C., where the director of the Compensation and Pension Service, or his or her designee, determines entitlement to this benefit in each case.27 The regulation refers to the review conducted by the VACO as “extra-schedular consideration.”28 The referral by the rating activity should include “a full statement as to the veteran’s service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors bearing on the issue.”29 the same effect on a veteran’s ability to engage in substantially gainful employment, regardless of whether one of the disabilities is rated at 40 percent or more. The proposed rule would, therefore, apply the same standard to all veterans having a combined rating of 60 percent or more. [Id.] 23. Id. Because the proposed rules would eliminate the different percentage thresholds applicable to single disability ratings and combined ratings, the VA has concluded that “there is no need to retain the provisions in current § 4.16(a) stating that certain combinations of disabilities (e.g., multiple disabilities incurred in combat or in a single accident) may be treated as a single disability for purposes of applying those threshold requirements.” Id. 24. Id. 25. Id. § 4.16(b). 26. Id. 27. Id. 28. Id. Under the VA’s proposed changes to the TDIU regulations, the VA would continue to employ this special procedure of having the rating activity refer cases to the Director of Compensation and Pension for extra-schedular consideration when it determines that a veteran who does not meet the percentage requirements for a TDIU rating is nevertheless unable to engage in substantial gainful employment. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49888 (October 1, 2001). 29. Id. The proposed regulations require that the extra-schedular TDIU rating prepared by the rating activity for the Director of Compensation and Pension’s approval “include a full description of the unusual circumstances that warrant an extra-schedular rating and the factors that in the judgment of the rating activity prevent the veteran from engaging in substantially gainful employment.” Presumably, this special procedure exists because these types of cases are so rare; and, in fact, the VA Central Office rarely grants benefits under this provision. In appropriate cases, however, the advocate should not hesitate to request that the RO send a claim to the VA Central Office for consideration of entitlement to a TDIU rating.30 If TDIU is an issue in a case, and the veteran does not meet the minimum schedular rating, the VA is required to consider whether the veteran is entitled to TDIU through extraschedular consideration; and if not, the VA must explain its reasons or bases for why it is inapplicable.31 5.4.4 Factors the VA Will Consider When Making Its Determination as to Whether a Veteran Is Unable to Engage in Substantial Gainful Employment Under the proposed TDIU regulations, the VA indicated that a determination as to whether a veteran is unable to engage in substantially gainful employment due to service-connected disability or disabilities will be based upon the veteran’s ability to perform activities “normally required for substantially gainful employment” with “the regularity and for the duration normally required for substantially gainful employment.”32 The VA proposes to define the term “activities normally required for substantially gainful employment” to include both exertional and non-exertional activities. Exertional activities, includes, but is not limited to “the ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, use hands, reach, lift and carry.33 Non-exertional activities, includes, but is not limited to “the ability to communicate, remember, follow instructions, use judgment, adapt to changes and deal with people, including supervisors, co-workers, and the public.”34 The VA is also requiring the award of TDIU benefits to be based, in part, on medical evidence. The VA intends to require specific: Medical evidence which describes the nature, frequency, severity and duration of symptoms of the service-connected disabilities and the extent to which the veteran’s ability to perform activities normally required for substantially gainful employment is limited solely due to service-connected disabilities.35 This change, if adopted by the VA, would have a significant impact upon the adjudication of TDIU claims. Consequently, this means that in order to establish entitlement to TDIU benefits, veterans would need to submit very specific statements from doctors that not only describe “the nature, frequency, severity and duration of symptoms of the service-connected disabilities” but also discuss the impact that the service-connected condition(s) has on the appellant’s exertional and, if relevant, non-exertional abilities. For example, a veteran who alleges that he is entitled to TDIU benefits because of a service-connected back condition would need to submit a doctor’s 30. 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(b) (2002); See Moyer v. Derwinski, 2 Vet. App. 289, 293-95 (1992) (BVA erred by failing to apply 38 C.F.R. § 3.321(b)(1) and refer claim to VA Central Office for “extra-schedular consideration,” given exceptional circumstances that rendered veteran unemployable). 31. Shoemaker v. Derwinski, 3 Vet. App. 248, 255 (1992); Proscelle, 2 Vet. App. at 633-34; Mingo v. Derwinski, 2 Vet. App. 51, 53-54 (1992). In Bowling v. Principi, 15 Vet. App. 1, 10 (2001), the CAVC reversed a BVA determination that the veteran’s case was ineligible for consideration under Section 4.16(b) for referral to the C&P Director. The Court held that “where there is plausible evidence that a claimant is unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation and where the Board has not relied on any affirmative evidence to the contrary, the Court will reverse the Board’s determination, as a matter of law.” Id. 32. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49893 (October 1, 2001) to be codified at 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(d). 33. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49893 (October 1, 2001) to be codified at 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(3)(g)(2)(i). 34. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49893 (October 1, 2001) to be codified at 38 C.F.R. § 4.16 (3)(g)(2)(ii). 35. 66 Fed. Reg. 49886, 49893 (October 1, 2001) to be codified at 38 C.F.R. § 4.16 (d)(1). statement that includes a description of the impact of the veteran’s service-connected condition on the veteran’s exertional abilities, including “the ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, use hands, reach, lift and carry. A veteran who alleges that he is entitled to TDIU benefits because of his service-connected schizophrenia would need to submit a doctor’s statement that includes a description of the impact of his schizophrenia on his non-exertional activities, including “the ability to communicate, remember, follow instructions, use judgment, adapt to changes and deal with people, including supervisors, co-workers, and the public.”36 Additionally, a veteran seeking TDIU benefits should attempt to obtain a statement from a doctor that states that the veteran does not have the ability to perform the exertional or non-exertional activities normally required for substantial gainful employment with the regularity and for the duration normally required for substantial gainful employment. In addition to considering the impact of service-connected conditions on the veteran’s ability to perform activities “normally required for substantially gainful employment,” the VA will also consider other evidence “of unusual limitations imposed by service-connected disabilities, including but not limited to “the nature and unusual frequency of hospitalizations or other required treatment, and unusual effects of required medicatio

@broncovet No I did not know that, you are correct. I do not use a VA rep, the reason is, I went in to see the DAV rep in Dallas a couple of years ago, he acted as though I was an imposition. I also did not like the way they treated those poor disabled people. You have to get there at 6 a.m. to sign in, then its a first come first serve. You have people in severe pain waiting five hours to see them with no appointment.

God forbid you go to the restroom as I saw one person go to the desk and asked about not be called, they said we called you, you were not out there so someone else went in your place come back tomorrow, he was about 70 and looked like he was about to die.

Plus the VA rep is the one that told me about about the 60 percent rule.

I did not know about the latter part of 416 b which I just read. I fall well into that catagorey with my despression, PTSD, and I have not worked since 2012 because I am a nurse and the lyrica makes me confused and the norco makes me drunk and I do not want to end up in prison for killing someone on my nursing license.

This actually really makes me mad with that VA rep. I mean I hear him speak when i was a homeless vet saying he was better than any attorney. Then to tell me the 60 percent rule when he knew of all my problems. Plus it was like he said something to the effect I wish you vets would have your stuff together before you come in here. I quickly told him shove it yanked my paperwork out of his hand and stopped my payments to the DAV,

I'm sort of steaming right now. Thank you for that information. Since they denied me UI, because I did apply for it at the time even tough he told me that. I can get back pay for it right. I think I still have time to NOD it.

Thank you so much.

30percentermovingup;

broncovet is right...apply for extraschedular... I was 30% when I first started and it took more than twenty years to get 100% permanent and total. You can never give up and never get discouraged. The way to move up is to learn all you can about the VA disability process. The more you know the easier it is to open the closed doors of the VA. Good luck!

Edited by waccamawwild
misspelled word