VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Medical Opinion Options

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

Forgot to say that that women who writes the nexus letter is a former C&P examiner, a physicians assistant with a MS degree as well as other IMO certifications. What I worry about Is how much weight does her option hold with the VA? She is familiar with the VA so I'm sure the wording would be great but would the fact that she is just a physicians assistant hurt my case?

spoke to her husband yesterday as I had some questions on their business. sent a question via link on their website and got a call back-  happened to say "unknown caller" which I don't usually answer, but did pick up

She is a PA, with a number of certifications. I would think if the disability claimed falls under something she's qualified to comment on then it's OK.

They are a company and dependent on whether new claim, appeal, how many disabilities, etc. there are different costs.  either by the hour or lump sum.  I did ask about if claim denied then what?- answer was- any follow on then an additional fee is discussed.  They are not high on lawyers- just adding that as it came out in the conversation.

What I didn't ask, as I'm not looking for an IMO assist was references.  That would be something to think about.

That's Slick,

I also found that they are not too found of lawyers. I am using a lawyer for an appeal that I have but I was looking at using there services for some new claims I was going to put in. I didn't even ask about what happens if a claim is denied..that's a good thought.

Could you go into a little more detail on references?

If you're thinking about hiring them ask for success rates that equate to disabilities similar to what you're claiming.  everyone is different, but would show some degree of success or not.

as far as references, I'd ask them to provide contact info for clients that they've assisted-  ask for both success and denials.  If they're unwilling or claim privacy I'd personally stay away from them.

If I used them and they were either successful or not I'd be willing to share my comments- granted if they were unsuccessful it may not be due to their actions/knowledge.

I used Dr. Bash and the agreement was he would handle any appeals at no additional charge- that was about 2012.

I did use him a second time for a different claim and there was a reduced rate-  mention that only because folks that provide IMO/E's have different rates/processes.  as with anything else do your due diligence.

use the BVA website as a reference source- lots of info on cases that went that far

Thanks again slick,  I Keep hearing about Dr.Bash and what good work he does. Would you be able to provide me with a range for his services? I've heard anywhere from 1500 to 10,000. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use