VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Medical Opinion Options

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

I WOULD REFER YOU TO MD BRETT VALETTE SITE. I USED HIM AND HE DOES GREAT EVALUATION OF RECORDS AND HE HAS DONE OVER 20,000 IMO AND ALSO KNOWS WHAT THE VA BOARD IS LOOKING FOR, BEFORE YOU SEND ANY RECORDS PLEASE CONTACT HIM AND ALSO LOOK AT HIS SITE,I THINK FROM WHAT I READ THAT YOU  SAID ABOUT THE PERSON YOU TALK ABOUT DOING YOUR IMO,BRETT VALETTE RESUME SPEAKS VOLUMES AND THEREFOR CARRY WEIGHT AT BVA. 

13 hours ago, air1 said:

I WOULD REFER YOU TO MD BRETT VALETTE SITE. I USED HIM AND HE DOES GREAT EVALUATION OF RECORDS AND HE HAS DONE OVER 20,000 IMO AND ALSO KNOWS WHAT THE VA BOARD IS LOOKING FOR, BEFORE YOU SEND ANY RECORDS PLEASE CONTACT HIM AND ALSO LOOK AT HIS SITE,I THINK FROM WHAT I READ THAT YOU  SAID ABOUT THE PERSON YOU TALK ABOUT DOING YOUR IMO,BRETT VALETTE RESUME SPEAKS VOLUMES AND THEREFOR CARRY WEIGHT AT BVA. 

Thanks air1, 

Its a good thing you told me about this Doctor. I'm currently under appeal for multiple mental health issues and finding IMOs for mental health issues is no easy task.

I had my initial consult with Valor Comp. this past Friday and I have to say it went rather well.  I am waiting on the prices and terms and conditions for their services. I found out about them on this site through another member who used their services and was awarded disability, but nothing is guaranteed.  I have used Dr. Bash and Dr. Valette also for IMOs with great success. What I've learned in dealing with the VA for claims especially when appealing a denial or submitting new evidence its best to out credential their C&P Examiners, which is what I did when using Dr. Bash and Dr. Valette's services and won. It seems like Valor would be great for submitting an initial fully developed claim ensuring everything is in order. I have nothing against VSO's, but it has been my experience in recent years in dealing with two organizations it seems that they are against IMOs, but won't help you in anyway except take your paperwork and not review it or anything and or give contradictory advice. With that said I would fully recommend IMOs, because at the end of the day its about you and if everything is in order from the beginning you won't have to keep running around and continue to play the waiting game with appeals etc., which I had to learn the hard way.   

54 minutes ago, smoothc100 said:

I had my initial consult with Valor Comp. this past Friday and I have to say it went rather well.  I am waiting on the prices and terms and conditions for their services. I found out about them on this site through another member who used their services and was awarded disability, but nothing is guaranteed.  I have used Dr. Bash and Dr. Valette also for IMOs with great success. What I've learned in dealing with the VA for claims especially when appealing a denial or submitting new evidence its best to out credential their C&P Examiners, which is what I did when using Dr. Bash and Dr. Valette's services and won. It seems like Valor would be great for submitting an initial fully developed claim ensuring everything is in order. I have nothing against VSO's, but it has been my experience in recent years in dealing with two organizations it seems that they are against IMOs, but won't help you in anyway except take your paperwork and not review it or anything and or give contradictory advice. With that said I would fully recommend IMOs, because at the end of the day its about you and if everything is in order from the beginning you won't have to keep running around and continue to play the waiting game with appeals etc., which I had to learn the hard way.   

Thanks for the input. I'm waiting on my initial consult now. I just found out about Dr. Valette and think i am going to use him for my appeal. How was his price compared to others you have worked with? How about Dr.Bash? I'm with you on VSOs and I've just decided to go at the new claims on my own. Now with the appeal I'm going to be working with a lawyer. I would rather go in there guns blazing.

ShuMan,

I want to say their prices vary from case to case as with most doctors conducting IMOs, but its definitely not cheap and remember your paying for expertise and credentials. For example initially the VA denied my claim for bilateral plantar fasciitis and eventually through a C&P Exam I was rated at 0%, which gets them off the hook for the back pay. Contacted Dr. Bash met with him paid the fee and a month or so later I had had my IMO and applied for an increase an received 50% rating for bilateral plantar fasciitis. After 3 months or so of disability pay from the VA the IMO would have paid for itself and I'm receiving the money for the rest of my life unless the VA does some trickery LOL  I used Dr. Valette for my appeal, so I am waiting on the outcome for that.     

Edited by smoothc100
3 hours ago, smoothc100 said:

ShuMan,

I want to say their prices vary from case to case as with most doctors conducting IMOs, but its definitely not cheap and remember your paying for expertise and credentials. For example initially the VA denied my claim for bilateral plantar fasciitis and eventually through a C&P Exam I was rated at 0%, which gets them off the hook for the back pay. Contacted Dr. Bash met with him paid the fee and a month or so later I had had my IMO and applied for an increase an received 50% rating for bilateral plantar fasciitis. After 3 months or so of disability pay from the VA the IMO would have paid for itself and I'm receiving the money for the rest of my life unless the VA does some trickery LOL  I used Dr. Valette for my appeal, so I am waiting on the outcome for that.     

Very True Credentials and expertise don't come cheap. I actually didn't think there were a ton of options out there until I started to look around and do some research. I'm planning my claim for Planter Fascitis now been in insoles from the VA since 2011 and they don't seem to help the foot pain. That was my reason for contacting Valor, I want to use them for my foot claim and 2 secondary issues( hip and neck pain Secondary to SC lower back issues).

Congrats on the 50% for the planter fasciitis.

-Never Give Up-

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use