VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Medical Opinion Options

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

3 hours ago, infantryvet1000 said:

I also have contacted valor compensation Consulting from this site. I found them to be very helpful and beneficial they are even reviewing all my service records to see what may have been missed by my VSO. I was told that if I get any referrals it would be a discount from my cost of the IMO. What I really liked is the husband is a combat vet and they offered to take payments to help me and my family for the cost of their service and my regular bills. Something that is very beneficial. I asked about an IME from them and was told if I was willing they would pay for my travel to them to get the IME!!!!!! That something that I would never have thought possible!!!

I totally agree, after calling around to all these different Doc's talking to them was like a breath of fresh air.

I agree, Valor is superb, they also pay for you to send your records to them for the IMO! They have almost completed mine, and are mailing it as soon as its finished, even though I am still making payments. I don't know of too many IMO/IME providers that are willing to do that.

flores97,  Thanks for the info on Valor.  They are practically in my backyard!  (I live in Arizona) and after looking at their web sight, I know exactly where the area is they are located.  I had a DRO hearing two weeks ago, and depending how that goes, I will definitely use Valor.  I can't believe they are here in Arizona.  I will definitely refer you  as the person who put me in touch with them.  I am hoping for the best with your IMO!

Jimmer, thank you so much, they are really great people, I'm glad that they are so close to you, they do IMEs as well. I should be receiving my packet later this week or early next week, my IMO is completed, and I just mailed back the payment agreement form, (only owe two more), so as soon as they receive the form they will be mailing the IMO to me. I will post it here for everyone to review.

I don't see any activity on this thread since April 4, but will comment anyway. I have not been on hadit for about 4 years. I fought 19 years for DIC and by using Dr. Bash and his IMO, plus his credentials, we won. It was a case that was "closed" for 12 of those years and then re-opened so as you could guess, they only awarded me back to the re-opened date (2 years; not 19). I filed for EED on the decision and was denied. (let me say here that I filed 1151 claim; denied. I filed CUE claim; denied.)  Filed Appeal on CUE and was denied. Filed NOD and again denied. Filed for Reconsideration and was denied. Went to BVA and I requested BVA DRO via videoconference; took 4 years (2012 to May 12, 2016). Again I used Dr. Bash; brought him to Houston to appear with me at the hearing and all went well. We waived right to Remand (been there, done that...not good) and asked to hold open for 60 days; request granted. Dr. Bash provided me with IME same day as the hearing, I forwarded it to VSO and it was filed to the record same day. Now I'm waiting .... 60 days wait will expire on July 12. They have one year to make decision however Dr. Bash is extremely confident about the outcome of the decision. I agree with the comments regarding VSO's as my experience(s) (and they are many) have never been very positive or helpful regarding them. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bash. If one can afford him, he is worth the price. He knows the VA regs, most of the Judges know him and he knows them, and they know his reputation as well.

Edited by Judy
left out CUE

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use