VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary to Service Connected Issue

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

Is it true that for secondary issues you DO NOT need your in service medical records reviewed in order to obtain a Nexus letter?

And has anyone had any success in claiming secondary issues?

For example I am looking at putting in a claim for neck and hip pain secondary to my service connected lower back pain. I'm being treated for both neck and hip pain by my VA doctor. By treated I mean given Pain killers and muscle relaxers..lol

Thanks Andyman, its funny you should mention that, about the same time the gerd symptoms got worse, I started waking up some nights gasping for air, always when I'm fi

Keyboard malfunction. Always when I'm first falling asleep, I stop breathing pretty frequently and wake up gasping. Haven't had a sleep study done yet, I have complained about it and was told my neck wasn't thick enough for me to have sleep apnea. Haha. Good 'Ol VA docs. Some good, some bad, some a@#$%!

Well, neck size isnt the only indicator of sleep apnea. Sure sounds like you are describing sleep apnea.  Do you have private insurance? You really got to find a way to get that sleep study. 

I don't, Andyman, I haven't worked since Sep 18, 2015 when I was let go due to health. I have filed for Social Security, im not certain if i would qualify for medicare yet, im only 40 years old, but with a few serious conditions and memory loss on top...i dont know very much about medicare or medicaid. 

11 minutes ago, flores97 said:

I don't, Andyman, I haven't worked since Sep 18, 2015 when I was let go due to health. I have filed for Social Security, im not certain if i would qualify for medicare yet, im only 40 years old, but with a few serious conditions and memory loss on top...i dont know very much about medicare or medicaid. 

Flores, I'm sorry you got canned. I know it's hard to lose a job for reasons beyond your control, been there too, but harder still when you get let go due to SCDs.  Maybe you can get in touch with your nearest sleep lab and find out what the sleep study costs.  It would give you an idea what you may have to pay, if it comes down to it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use