VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is the DBQ for PTSD Review Required for a FDC?

Rate this question

4mydad

Question

HI everyone,

I am helping my dad with his recently submitted claim.  He requested an increase to his 30% rating from 2003, among other things.  On ebennies it has DBQ PTSD Review recommended under "evidence needed."  I sent quite a bit of evidence showing worsening conditions since 2003 when I submitted the FDC in December.  Will not providing one hold up the process?

Does he need to submit this DBQ? If he does, will it take him out of the Fully Developed Claims for submitting new evidence?

Thanks for the help as usual.

5 answers to this question

When it comes to PTSD Claims, FDC, Reg Axx or for that matter even requests for an increase; the Current C & P DBQ will rule the day. This DBQ will be governed by the new DSM V protocols.

Back in 03, Vet's could get PTSD SC ratings based on Private Pay Non VA Psychiatrist or Psychologist non PhD, DX's.

And yes, submitting New Evidence, will result in your Dad's FDC becoming a Reg Axx Claim. Don't worry about the PTSD DBQ, the VA only cares about the 1 performed by their VA or Contract Clinicians.

Semper Fi

Hello fellow vets! I just wanted to take the time to share the news of fiiiiinally finishing my ebenefits claim withiut VSO assistance. I must say, although it has been daunting throughout the 9 month process (since 5-24-15) starting it, I feel relieved that I was able to submit every piece of evidence  that was needed in support of my current 80% Combined Rating (70% TBI w/Res (in-service injury) & 30% MDD) to be increased while adding:

1) New claim for PTSD-Secondary to Pers Asslt/non-combat (Submitted ALL categorically req'd evidence)

2) Increase to TBI w/resid Submitted (1st time medical evidence of TBI which occured in 1992 prior to my USCG service TBI due to personal asssult in 2000

3) Increase to MDD that has worsened since my 2007 original award (10%) & 2008 NOD award (curr 30%)

4) Unemployability claim with ALL categorically required medical evidence, supporting statements, employmnt history w/ reasons for lvng attributed to my SC conditions as the primary cause, police reports, education docs, all to show proof of how my SC conditions have totally impaired my ability to gain and/or maintain substantial employmnt but how sedentary work & the workplace is signficant hazard or imposes significant stress so much to where Im unable to work.

With that being said, my VA mental health treating docs said the DBQ process is now handled thru our C&P occuaptional health ofc located at the VA hosp tht i go to. To warrant a possible C&P exam or not-- if there is enough VA med evidence history (past&curr) to suggest any of my above claims request is sufficient without examination being needed or not, the C&P ofc rep had to send my DBQS upstairs to the mental health team for for completion & be sent to VARO for decision.

UPDATE...So finally, I have an upcoming c&p exam for PTSD-2ndary to Pers Asslt at 9 & 10am, i presume it will take two hrs or maybe ine of the hours is for my claim increase for MDD (30%) currently, since so many symptoms overlap. Any advice would be surely helpful. Thx everyone for the support!