VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received BVA decision today

Rate this topic

toddt

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/3/2016 at 8:40 PM, toddt said:

Started collecting SS when I was full retirement age, that was twelve years ago.

Then SSDI is obviously "over the dam!"  My remark was pointed towards an earlier message in the thread.

As to when to start collecting SS - - If you think that you will live to a ripe old age, putting off actual payment

until ~70 can increase the payment by about 30%. Us with serious VA SC'd disabilities have to carefully consider

the impact of the disabilities on our life expectancy before using this alternative.

Great News, Dr Trock's the Man.

Get back with me if your ever put on 02, Night or day use, could equal SA boost to 100% due to evidence of Chronic Repertory Failure.

"Live Long and Prosper"

Semper Fi

Not only did I misspell Respiratory, I forgot (Old Age) to opine regarding your filing for IU.

You haven't received your Award Letter yet, right. Good possibility that you'll get an "Inferred IU Claim" referenced in the Award. Even though it may be "Inferred," the VA requires you to file an actual IU Application. Easy to do as a VONAP FDC claim on your E-Ben site.

VA now requires you to list on the claim, exactly which of your SC's cause you to be IU, unable to do even Sedentary work that would provide Earned Income at or above the "SGI" level of $12,400 (under 65); $11,400 (over 65).

Keep in mind, you report your actual "Personal Earned Income," for the past "12" months, not your Joint Earned Income from your 2015 IRS 1040, on the VA IU Application.

Semper Fi

No award letter yet but did down load the ebennies letter regarding the 90 per cent.  Problem with the ebennies letter is that it states:  

"The effective date of the last change to your current award was:      March 01, 2016"

It should be September 2014 that is when I filed for OSA, will wait for the award letter.  I have a request for reconsideration on the remanded portion regarding my IHD.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use