VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

ArNG11

Thanks folks. Not surprising I still have not received my decision packet.  I am not sure as to why exactly, but everyone knows how the VA comp side seems to forget addresses at ill opportune times.  I have never waited this long to receive the "white or brown" envelope.

Funny though I am expecting a forwarded piece of mail at this point. Seems the system never has a correct address on you when you are expecting something important, however, I will be patient.  It has only been two weeks.

Hope in the meantime folks keep getting good news.  Stay in the fight.  "fight till your last breath"

Maybe this is causing the sleep problems ArNG11.

Waiting for a decision can be very stressful. Even when you know what to expect.

I went to get out my tea stash to spell this type of tea correctly, and came back to the PC,  and forgot where you posted about having some tea to hopefully alleviate to sleep issues.

I have friends who swear by Chamomile, no caffeine, tea , a cup before getting in bed.

I think honey is better than sugar if you want to sweeten it up. I don't think I have ever tried this one. Green Tea is my favorite.

Also I think what we do before trying to fall asleep is important

I have a friend who loved to read Steven King Novels at bedtime. She would toss and turn ,thinking Jack Nicholson was standing outside her house with an ax.

I like the Nancy Grace show at 8 PM and the autopsy shows on unusual deaths, on TV sometimes at night.

But they can stress me up too.

Many VA shrinks can perform hypnosis. One did that for my husband ,then taught him self hypnosis, and gave him a tape of the count down stuff to listen to at night.

It did help a little with his PTSD.

Lets hope that decision comes ASAP!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations

I am happy for you, even tho 90% is hard to get away from but when your disabilities worsen be sure file increase.  I would recheck the S,A, OSA Especially if the VA gave you a cpap  and also the IBS?

also would appreciate your help and stay on hadit to help other veterans in your situation.

....Buck

Thanks Buck that means something. Really it does.  I believe in time with the apnea and hips connected and the correct ratings on my other service connected issues I can be successful if there is such a thing in this the " VA Disability Process" The whole process though can be very daunting and exhausting.

The VA Comp side doesn't acknowledge that I use a CPAP or that I have ratable digestive issues, although humorous, is that the VA med side of the house supplied the parts, water chamber, hoses and filters for the machine.  With IBS, they combined it with the GERD and hiatal hernia,  that in time will go in my favor, however, it is a long tennis match let me tell ya.

What I still suggest and rely heavily on in my claims is that it is obvious to the lay person that my denials and low ball ratings are purposely the attempt of the VA comp system to "DENY and LOWBALL at ALL COSTS"  Evidence is what will win, and the VA's Comp deliberate attempts to shoot down a valid claim will be their undoing.  I sincerely hope things will change for the better.  

It is not a good fight unless it's a long one huh.  

I'm long winded but as long as I can do it I will pass on what I learn.  I also will keep giving thanks to the folks that have paved the road for all Veterans to get fair justice. " slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use