VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Call

Rate this question

green

Question

Received a call from the local VA medical center Endocrinology department asking me if I was interested in the VA Choice program as they can't see me as soon as they need to.  I knew the program was available for people who lived far from a VA medical center but didn't know they offered it locally.  Any words of wisdom?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

green

Yes tell them you will use choice to go to an outside Dr...OIG is cracking down on the VAMC with timely appoinments and if the VET can't get an appoinment within 30 days then they out-sourch this out   using the choice program.

My VA Sleep study Clinic  could not get me an appointment within the 30 days  and they called me like they did you  and I had the sleep study done outside the VA    VA paid the Bill...AS for as I know they did.

so take this  you may not get another chance.

jmo

...................Buck

Just wondering if once I find an outside doc will I be able to continue to see her/him or will I be expected to go back to seeing the VA doctors?

Hi Green,

I am having cataract surgery through the choice program.  No one called me, I had to do the calling, stressing out, and dealing with the civilian doctor.  Lucky you, I would go for it.

I am grateful for this program.

HG