VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC/IMA exam question

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

The QTC/IMA exams seem to be a " get em in, get em out" type of appointment.  The one I had today, not so much, but the one I had this past Friday was a joke.  It was for Surgery scars, and the examiner looked at each for a split second, and then said the VA wants pics, but I'm not taking pics.  Out of there in 5 min.  

The exam today was for an increase of MDD, and it was semi-thorough.

I WISH what you guys said about VA "not owning" our exams was true.

Have you ever noticed on your credit report when someone ordered a credit report on you?  They pay for these. No, they cant get a "full report" with all our details, but they can buy stuff like, "People who live in zip code xxyyy who make 60,000 per year or more"  or "homeowners in zzz county"  Or maybe, "people who are a registered owner of a  2015 or newer cars in Solvang, California".     I get calls for "senior benefits" all the time.  How do they know my wife and I are nearly 65?  They buy lists.   We dont get them, the guy who forked out the money gets em.  Remember the golden rule, the guy with the gold makes the rules.

Unfortunately, its up to the decision maker as to whether or not VA will release QTC exams to the Vet.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.  Berta commented on this very issue, and was likewise frustrated that VA wont always release the exams.   I may try to find her comments.  

The last time I got a C and P exam, the "release of information" office called (someone, not sure who) who released the medical records to me.  She said sometimes they release them and sometimes they dont.  

They probably "eventually" release them, when they become part of the RBA.  But someone chooses when to release these to Veterans.  

Edited by broncovet

3 hours ago, DevilDog12 said:

The QTC/IMA exams seem to be a " get em in, get em out" type of appointment.  The one I had today, not so much, but the one I had this past Friday was a joke.  It was for Surgery scars, and the examiner looked at each for a split second, and then said the VA wants pics, but I'm not taking pics.  Out of there in 5 min.  

The exam today was for an increase of MDD, and it was semi-thorough.

I had my scars apparently measured while I was in for my C&P exam on my feet. I am assuming they will be noted but not rated unless the VA deems them so...The scar I have from my surgery hurts but unless the VA thinks it hurts I won't get S/C for it.  I didn't even put in for the scars.

What was your scars for if you don't mind me asking?  Are they deep?  Do they hurt?  I heard they have to be deep and hurt to even get 0%!!!

I have a linear scar to my right foot all the way from the pinkie toe to the ankle and then I have a small one on my 2nd toe left foot and a medium one on my left ankle.  

The right one hurts but that is because of the bad break and the fact that i have pins/screws now LOL