VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this question

Derrick911

Question

As for TDIU it appears that you meet the criteria but it really boils down to what your medical records say and what your C & P exam will say about your employability.

As for your rank it is based on the number of post you make so the more you post the more it will go up.

With TDIU, you need a doc's statement that you are unable to maintain Substantial Gainful employment due to SC conditions.  Have you filed the applicable form?

If you have said docs statement, and have filed the form your chances are good.  If you dont have such a statement, then probably not.  

1 hour ago, Derrick911 said:

70% MDD 50% Migraines 20% left knee 10% right knee 10% left eye Was wondering what are my chances of getting IU i've filed for it. Any

reply for anyone who has been through it would be helpful

If you can't work due to the severity of your SC disabilities. You should have already apply for TDIU.  Use VA Form 21-8940 and get an IMO stating your unable to work from your appropriate VA doctor.  Apply for SSDI if you meet the requirements set by the Social Security Administration. You already meet the percentage requirements with the rest of the above advice.  You're golden.

1 hour ago, Derrick911 said:

This is Derrick911 i'm not a E-2 recruit i don't know how to change that. I've been in the VA system for 20 years this is my first time on here

Which is why you're an E-2 recruit?  Welcome to Hadit.

Do you meet the Employment/Income criteria for an IU Award? Was there  an "Inferred IU Claim" notification on one of your Award Letters?

Your evidence indicating an inability to do even Sedentary work that would provide an income at or above the VA SGI level of $12,400 (under 65) ($11,400 over 65), IS? Unemployed, Under Employed or voluntarily withdrawing from the work force, will not get the IU Award.

Many a Vet's IU claim, has been initially Denied because of a Rater's Decision that the Vet is capable of some sort of Sedentary Employment, providing an income greater than the SGI level.

Semper Fi