VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advance Granted

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Well the Appeal status told me today that my motion to advance was granted on the 25th last month. I am awaiting a central office hearing to be scheduled. once the motion has been granted to advance how long does it normally take for a hearing to be scheduled?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It is difficult to say without having knowledge of their scheduling load. However, the fact that they told you the request for advance was granted sounds very positive. Hopefully it will not take too long.

I am appealing a DRO decision she denied because the OGC said to her to do so. But the day she wrote her decision she also entered in New and material evidence that contradicts the very answer General Counsel gave and not to mention I also brought up the fact it was a Res judicata which made my claim move really quick. DRO SOC Nov 30 then I9 Dec 23 my claim was then shifted to the board were it was certified docket assigned Jan 23. There was a motion to advance on my claim submitted by email from someone in the VA Feb 10 which was just issued a grant on my motion Feb 25. I was just notified that a hearing is still being scheduled and that's what I am awaiting for with my attorney and that the motion was neither filed from me of my attorney but Ted Ebert.

Edited by jfrei

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

DRO's are supposed to be senior raters with more experience. In my opinion, the DRO should have waited just one more day to weigh the new evidence.

What you described sounds promising.

I was told by the DRO that I had to appeal she said there are things the bva can grant that I can't but I'll submit the evidence anyways even though I got my answer from OGC. I thought I'd make a big fuss but since an email went a long for me by the person who submitted an advance to the docket for me and was granted last week by Ted Ebert. I should just let it ride out, I am just curious on how quick my hearing will be scheduled? I know I have to wait with all the other grants to their motions.

I am astonished that they granted the advance.

Years ago it seemed to me like a vet had to practically be on life support for an advancement on the docket.

This is good news.

Be very interesting to see exactly how the "Advancement" plays out, Hearing and Decision wise.

If it's "No waiting, register 3 at Walmart," GREAT.

Semper Fi