VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Hello to all,

I want to apologize for not checking in more often. I was checking ebenefits today and I noticed that I have to claims pending and increase. I did not put in for these increases so I don't know who did. I am 100%sc and I knew I would have a c and p exam but who out I for the increase. The exact wording states "two claims (increase) pending. I know one does not request anything if you are 100%sc. The two claims are for major depression/ anxiety/ Chronic ptsd and benign prostate hyperthrophy. I take two meds for my head and one med plus undergarments for prostate. Just had the pain stimulator implant two weeks ago. Any thoughts on what is going on with those two claims, seeing I did not request an increase?

vet2010

5 answers to this question

As we all know that VA can do anything they won't. Certain ratings are set for a re-evaluation, A VA doctor could have generated an increase and even your POA could have started the paperwork to begin the process of filing an increase.

VBA is required to request your SSD records, but it wouldn't hurt to submit the letter. 

A C&P exam, if you did not file for an increase, is probably a "routine future exam" - the regulations require VBA to do those about 5 years after an initial exam. AS pete992 said, your POA could have filed a claim on your behalf although they shouldn't do that without asking you. If that is the reason, you can withdraw the claim. 

All the Best,

Mark

Note: Nothing I write here should be construed as representing the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or the federal government. I contribute here as a private citizen who cares about the men and women who risk their lives to protect the rest of us.

Hello all,

Ok, I contacted the DAV at my local VA and he told me that my claim was up for normal review. I received my 100%sc rating in 2011 and I was scheduled to have my c and p this year. There is no date as of yet, however he did tell me I needed to be proactive, so I made him my POA to ensure I receive p and t. He told me that I should not have anything to worry about as long as I have been going to all appts, and taking medication as prescribed. My c and p is for depression/ anxiety/ ptsd and benign prostate hypertrophy both of which is still on going. I was rated 50% for depression and 40% for prostate along with a lot of 10s and a few 20s. My c and p is just for those specific two ailments. I have been on several medications for ptsd/ depression/ anxiety and it seems to me everything they try it either works for a while and then nothing or it just don't work. recently I was on venlafaxine but it I was taking a muscle relaxer for my bad back and the two meds didn't work together. I am now on fluvoxamine for about a month or two, and my wife is suggesting it may be altering my mood swings (angry) and I am sweating a lot at night. I see my doctors next week to look into what is going on. As for my prostate, I take mybetrix, its a medication to slow the frequency. I also wear the adult undergarments which must be changed 4x plus daily. The VA supply me with my undergatments. My question is, the POA told me not to worry about submitting any evidence since it is already in my records. He also told me I don't need to submit my SSD award letter from 2013 backdated to 2011, because the VA system is connected with the SSD system. Should I take his advice or should I submit my letters any away? Since I am having a c and p exam how do I file for p and t or is that something the POA will handle. I mention to him thismorning I wanted to file for p and t and he said of course. I just had back surgery again x5 to put the pain stimulator implant in and so far  I cannot tell the if it is working because of the pain from the surgery itself. what do everyone think and should I be worried about the exam (no date scheduled yet)? In my notes from the VA the doctor state I have chronic ptsd, MDD, and chronic OCD. should I be awarded 100% alone for my head problems? any suggestions and advice is needed and helpful.

vet2010