VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

meb peb or medically retired

Sorry, for what happened to you.  I went through the almost the same thing with the Air Force Reserve. My process was backwards as they tried to discharge under fitness for duty as the informal board found me unfit.  Luckily for me I worked at Wing level personnel services (MPF), so that’s how I was able to request a formal fitness for duty board, which of course same results discharge recommendation. Basically to make a long story short and 3 years of fighting without points or pay I appealed to the Secretary of the Air Force Council and everything was overturned and I obtained my medical board. Here is what I found on the code JFR3 on the web is "Disability, Other" and also some VBA cases which cite it as well. I’m not sure if it can be overturned, but it seems like you were in the process of the MEB. Did the military docs give you a rating on any of your documentation? I would have said the Military Board of Corrections, but I don’t think they handle medical discharges.

http://nlgmltf.org/military-law-library/publications/military-medical-policies/

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/correct-service-records.html

5 hours ago, mrmark1999 said:

I have all the copy's of every thing  the meb peb  files with the decisions  

the real question is can I have the honorable changed to medically retired ?

Is there any way to appeal that decision ?

Or am I just screwed ?

Id like to know that myself. I can't say for sure, but there has to be some way to appeal. It sounds like you have the evidence to fight the decision.  But I am just a Veteran like yourself.

I would talk to counsel or someone who is familiar with the laws and regulations that pertain to your predicaments.  I'm kind of at a loss as where to go myself.

45 minutes ago, smoothc100 said:

Sorry, for what happened to you.  I went through the almost the same thing with the Air Force Reserve. My process was backwards as they tried to discharge under fitness for duty as the informal board found me unfit.  Luckily for me I worked at Wing level personnel services (MPF), so that’s how I was able to request a formal fitness for duty board, which of course same results discharge recommendation. Basically to make a long story short and 3 years of fighting without points or pay I appealed to the Secretary of the Air Force Council and everything was overturned and I obtained my medical board. Here is what I found on the code JFR3 on the web is "Disability, Other" and also some VBA cases which cite it as well. I’m not sure if it can be overturned, but it seems like you were in the process of the MEB. Did the military docs give you a rating on any of your documentation? I would have said the Military Board of Corrections, but I don’t think they handle medical discharges.

http://nlgmltf.org/military-law-library/publications/military-medical-policies/

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/correct-service-records.html

interesting reading

No I did not receive any grading all it said was not physically qualified and proceed with on the discharge  I was put on NPQ status before my IRR what's to start my IRR date  was February 5, 2001 the paperwork I received  was dated March 6, 2001 so it's like they just waited long enough  so they wouldn't have to rate me  so I don't know whether I should of been medically retire or should I have just been given the Honorable   Discharge the whole reason I'm curious if I can change things is because there are benefits to being retired  medically over just being disabled if I was due in medical retirement then I need to see about getting that changed I have no clue of even where to begin getting the ball rolling on the change I don't even know if I should have been retired

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, mrmark1999 said:

would it matter that at current the disibility noted in my medboard is only at 20 % 

12 hours ago, mrmark1999 said:

No I did not receive any grading all it said was not physically qualified and proceed with on the discharge

I don't understand this?  I have an answer for you, somewhat, but this contradicts the way I am reading it.  The more accurate the info the more accurate the answer, lol.  Untwist this piece for me and I may be able to help.  I boarded out a few of my troops and dodged boards myself like Ninja dodging an irradiated, HIV-infected, whooping coughing Herpes virus with cancer.  I know the process fairly well.  It does vary by service, but it is based in federal regulations, so the same tenants apply across the 'board'.

25 minutes ago, TALON II FE said:

ok 

OK sorry to confuse I was not rated in the original med or the peb 

they last thing I got was a physical qualification for retention in the marine corps 

based on the review I was not physically qualified for retention 

the last page said "

1. Redress and forward for appropriate action

2.Youare directed to initiate discharge progressing utilizing enclosures (2) and (3)of reference (A)

3 Assign Separation Program Designator Code of JFR3 Ensure other Administrative action is accomplished prior to discharge per reference (b) and (c) , as applicable . Issue a discharge certificate and Honorable Discharge Button per paragraph 1101.2

4.per table 4-1 part II note 9 of reference (c) , forward the health record (which includes both the medical and dental records )to the department of veterans affairs  ,service Medical Records Center (SMRC) pobox 150950 St Louis  MO 63115-8950 with transmittal card  (NAVMC 941) that includes name , SSn ANd separation  date "

that was the last thing I received several years later I finally went to the Va on my own and got 20 % for that issue and another 20 %for an another issue