VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about Caregiver Program

Rate this topic

SMC (t) goes up to $2100/month. SMC R2 caregiver is $8,344.00 a month. SMC (t) is graduated usually into separate tiers of entitlement. Rarely is it paid at full freight.

• 3 months later...

ok I think that you have to have a pension which i don't i did 10 years i'm a 911 veteran. I think i read caregiver is for pensions people that recieve them?

adkins, you dont have to have a Military Pension to get Caregiver. Only requirement is Post 911 Vet, and a VA Disability pension that states you are severely disabled. Then, either VA Docs recommend or you apply for the program. Either way very hard to get on, and takes a while. My VA Docs both mental and physical recommended the program and my wife was approved to be my caregiver 3 years ago. Also, Seminole, a Vet can be on A&A and Caregiver program. Two total different programs, and different pots of money. As listed above the SMCs get confusing real quick. To the original poster, sorry to hear of your health issues bud. I was Retired at 32 a couple of years ago, so I know about Govt controlling due to my young age. Hope you all have a good 4th. God Bless