VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Texas Property Tax Exemption

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I have the property tax exemption too ...but the mortgage company still holds out escrow  b/c of the flex payment in insurance 

This is one of the best benefits a married veteran can get and single if he owns his home.

I got mine when it first was approved  the only stipulation was I had to live in my home a year before the exemption and homestead the property.  which I Did and was living there a year before the exemption. 

This is a benefit that you can be glad you got.

my neighbors jealous...I say will to bad your not a disabled veteran then. 

Agree with that! However, if I could rewrite history, I would gladly pay property tax if it meant a normal life without constant pain, medication, and dealing with VA red tape.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes ain't that the truth Vync

I Think my neighbor was just teasing but I do wish the SSDI disabled could get this exemption.

Average SSD Person only gets about 1000 month, so when I look at that side  I think we veterans are  better off financially. 

I Don't see how some or most of the SSD people make it on what they get....especially if they have a mortgage or rent plus utilities and groceries....& healthcare co payments.

I went thru this on my last house. I actually just bought another house and I live here in East Texas. I submitted the paper work last week, and it usually takes about a month or so around here. I have never gotten the past taxes back though. I feel you bud, I live by one of the Best Bass lakes in America, and my taxes are over a 1K a month, that I have to pay as well until I get approved. Once you get the Paper back from you local Property Tax Office that states you are approved for no taxes, then you call your Mortgage company and either mail or fax the form to them and that usually takes a month or so as well. I have lived in Texas most of my life and the No Property Tax is what keeps me here til my kids are grown. Good luck

$1000/month?  Ouch!

Yeah my last house was $800 a month in taxes. But I lived there 2 years and just sold it for a $60k profit with 3 acres and now I have 12 acres. So it pays to live by a good lake.